It never rains...
.... but it effing well rains a monsoon on my clean-shaven bonce!!
I HAD planned a very quiet, relaxed weekend.
In fact I will go as far as to say, I hadn't planned it, I hadn't planned anything... not a damn thing. I wanted to spend a little time getting acquainted with my (as yet) unloved television set that sits smiling quietly in the corner.
So... Friday night.... finished work.... went to Ikea (GRRRRR) and bought a bed for the spare room. Put the bed together (having finally worked out the Swedish instructions) and guess what.... 12:30am.
A nice start to my weekend, I am sure you will agree.
Saturday morning, I went to my mum's, bright and early, to collect my new remote control for my DVD player. Finally I was close to romancing the box. Or was I?
Stayed and chatted with the folks for a while.... mum decided it would be a good chance for her to come round to my house with me and tackle some of the junk in the back room.... Before you know it, it's 3pm and I am settling down to finally enjoy the TV.
I fell asleep.
Woke up at 4pm and felt cold. Went to switch the heating on, and the boiler is broken. All attempts to revive it have failed miserably.
And so, it's 5pm. I haven't watched a minute of TV yet.... and the heating engineer won't arrive until 10am tomorrow....
Boy, am I pissed off??
(I am doubly pissed off that nobody has commented on my blog for a couple of days too!! But lets not get into all that writer/reader/lurker name calling again!!)
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor fox sounds like you are not having a good weekend. I thought my weekend was blowing but yours is a lot worse at least I am warm. Hope the boilerman gets there soon. How are your badges coming by the way? I thought I would have finished my tonight but started playing a new mahjonng game I bought from pogo. Mahjonng Towers Eternity. Lots of fun. Take care.
ReplyDeleteCher
How cold must you be! And after you shaved your head again too!!
ReplyDeleteAm sure your lovely lady will keep you warm till the boiler man arrives hun.
Catch you soon x
hope mr boiler man came today or mr fox is going to be grumpy in the morning. i'll get the blankets on standby....
ReplyDeleteOk 2nd comment for the day hope i'm keeping you happy!
ReplyDeleteJust wondered when i might get a peek at the photo's from The Warehouse Project??
Mail em to me hun if you cant be bothered posting them.
Chris says Hi
xxx