Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Argh!!

Ok, I've got issues.... bloody loads of them.

Firstly, someone left the tap running in the bathroom/toilet/restroom (call it what you like) here at work AGAIN. It makes my blood boil.

Secondly, this is my week on the late shift.... Start at 10am every morning, and finish at 6pm, with an added bonus of one very late shift, where we finish at 9pm. Today is MY late, late shift.

Thirdly, I have toothache, which no doubt has been brought on by a weekend of excess!! Normally, after a BIG night out like last Friday, one of my front teeth where I previously had an abscess, will start to ache.... This time it's every tooth in my head!

Fourthly, the engineers who work out in the field (here at work), have (thanks to Si) discovered that we actually provide cover EVERY night until 9pm. This is an old arrangement, and I am sure most of the engineers had forgotten about it. Today is different. Last night the "on call" guy let slip that we are here until 9pm. I am standing by my phone eagerly awaiting the 8:55pm rush!!

Fifthly, due to my absence from work on Monday last, I now have a shorter week, into which I need to cram a greater amount of work. It's gonna be a close call, and I am stressed to the max - I guess this is why I have toothache.

Sixthly, a copy of Playboy, from the exact month of my birth, has mysteriously gone missing in the post from Germany!! I am effing gutted, even though the seller has agreed to halve the cost of the missing item. I feel robbed somehow.

Seventhly, see "things that went well....." item four. Oh no, it's an internal loop.... you are destined to spend all time in the moebius loop of my blog.

Ok, so gripes over......

Things that went well......

Erm.....

Bugger.... this is gonna be a really short list.

Firstly, my house is sparklingly clean. First time in a long time it's looked so damn good. I am loving being there.

Secondly, my Pogo badges for the week are all complete (which is fortunate, as the new ones come out today). Included in my total for last week, was the, by now, legendary Quick Quack badge. The first time Pogo has ever bowed to public pressure and actually extended the period allowed to achieve a badge - Instead of the usual week, they gave us three weeks - that's a reflection of how hard it was. I used ALL three weeks!!

Thirdly, my backache seems to have almost completely gone (the FoX raps his knuckles on his head and announces "touch wood"). I can honestly say, I am glad to see the back of it.... Geddit?? Eh?? Eh??

Fourthly, bollocks.... there isn't even four good things I can write about!!

End;

Phew, a crafty "End;" statement seems to have provided some sort of getout clause from that horrible loop I was in. It was like Groundhog Day for a minute there.... wait a minute, what year is this?? No. No. Oh God I slept too Long!! Hahahahahahah (Evil Dead 3 reference, in case you didn't geddit!!).

Happy hunting!!

Oh, and if you get chance.... Please nip over to see my mate "501" in his blog, which aims to chart his rise to the top, in the world of darts!!

I give to you a picture of the four kilogram bucket of sweet sugary crud that I took in to work today to share with my colleagues!!

2 comments:

  1. Fox, a 4 kilo buckets of sweets and toothache seem to me to be some kind of self fulfilling prophecy. I'm surprised you didn't pull your back again just carrying the things into work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those sweets and toothache too,living life to the edge again Fox lol

    ReplyDelete