Sunday, October 08, 2006

Easy like what?

One mission, one goal, one objective.

That's all I had to do today, was to buy the advertised TV from the shop that is promoting it, at the price they have advertised it.

If you don't like bad language then you can skip the rest.... I still don't have a television to watch.

Woolworths are advertising a 32" Technosonic LCD television for £400. It's a cracking price, and the TV is just a Thompson TV rebadged, and the Thompson sells for nearly twice as much.

I made the special Sunday journey into town to the shop, and of course spent a fair old bit on the way to the shop, only to find that when I get there.... There is sure enough, the TV on display... Any in stock.... no way!!

Ok, I am bitterly disappointed, but there are a host of other Woolworths dotted around the vicinity. I go home and make a few calls.

Not only are the TVs not in stock, but none of the shops are ordering any more!!

Scandalous!!

So much for the big promotion.... Show me the television.... display it in the shop.... let me see it, touch it, wiggle the wires about, but of course don't carry any stock. This is one of my pet hates, and my bile has run over!

I cooked an early afternoon meal and went for a walk instead.

I have to say, all things considered, a coupe of hours walking is far more rewarding than watching TV.

I've trecked across muddy fields, country lanes, football fields, and a moonscape quarry, to watch an irridescent orange moonrise.

Priceless.

3 comments:

  1. Thats the wonder of woolies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ground Floor Shoppers Paradise......

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=621884

    Sharp 32inch LCD TV - HD compatible - £450 ish.

    PC world of all places. Hope you like!

    -JH

    ReplyDelete