Thy quest hath ended!!
My search for a TV is finally over.
Ordered at lunch time on Monday... Delivered, installed, up and running, and watching House of Flying Daggers by 11am the following day.
It's a great TV... If anyone's looking for a relative bargain, then look no further... Due to the introduction of Philips' Pixel Plus 3 technology, their older Pixel Plus 2 stuff is going a little bit cheaper now, and believe me, there's nothing wrong with 2!!
Here's my TV.
I will say at this point, because I berate and moan about so many services and suppliers that I deal with, it's only fair to congratulate, when things go right. On that basis, I'd like to extend a Foxy four paw salute to the people at Empire Direct - Faultless, speedy, painless service!!
The TV even has an MP3 player built in, so when I plugged my memory stick in (that I was given last Friday at work) - Hey presto, within seconds, I was enjoying the soothing sounds of Jeff Mills with the Montpellier Philharmonic Orchestra - Superb!!
Lord, my blog's turning into an advert!!
I have an appointment with my bank manager tomorrow.... These things are never very good, but let's hope we can cut a deal.... More details to follow, watch this space.
My mum and Fred are in Scarborough for Fred's birthday - His 70th in fact!! I DO hope (after I booked the hotel and stuff for them) that everything's going ok... I DO know my mum will be suffering 'cos I booked a "no smoking" hotel - cruel, but I personally find the rooms are so much nicer when they're not dripping with tar!!
At least, now my preoccupation with getting a television has ended, I can knuckle down and concentrate on getting my life back into shape.....
Paperwork beckons (as always!!)
The nights are drawing in, and the mornings are dark now.... It's foggy, and drizzly, and distinctly October(ish).... Damp leaves and acorns soften footsteps. The birds are filling their bellies to make it through the coming cold spell.... Storing and consolidating.
Effing fecking - I have lost my ring... it was only a crappy sterling silver thing, but it was nice, and it had a lovely spinning section in the middle which was a bit like having your own worry beads with you all the time. It's gone, and now I am proper annoyed at myself!! Spoiled my good mood completely.
Post update, update: I found my ring, it was on the back of the sink in my bathroom... must have taken it off last night while I was having a shave - Funny, because I could have SWORN that I had it on when I got to work this morning. Ain't that surreal!?!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nice to see you are happy with your new tv.
ReplyDeletetake care
hope to be back soon
good box that. shame about your ring. just dont shout to loud asking if anyones seen your ring...!!
ReplyDeleteDon't you find you tend to fall over when you do a four paw salute.
ReplyDeleteSnuff.
ReplyDelete