Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sometimes up, sometimes down....

.... But always around!!

It's been a bit of a see-saw weekend.

Friday was a proper hard day at work for me, and I fear this week is shaping up to be another bugger of a week.

Friday night, got my new phone.... Charge for eight hours before use.... dammit.

Saturday, got up with a proper bad headache. Felt like I had a hangover all day, and I hadn't even been drinking!! What sort of a con is that??

Played with my phone most of the day, and played some Pogo. Caught up with all my Sky+ recorded programmes.

Sunday, woke up, played pogo until my ears fell off. Went to the bowling club and renewed membership fees. Had a lovely couple of pints of Websters Best... Yummy. Came home and had a snooze.

Whipped up a couple of delightful onion and emmental omelettes, and chilled out with a movie.

The movie in question was: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. I have to admit that I quite enjoyed it, simple as it was. The dark aspect of the movie worked very well to set it apart from similar offerings.

Now, I've just finished Michelle's Pogo badges for her (she's such a Pogo wuss). I've updated Worcester Dan's blog address (which I've been meaning to do for a while). I've FINALLY gotten round to visiting all your blogs, and tried to read as much as I could to catch up again - Apologies to everyone for an unprecedented length of absence... I'm such a bad fox!!

We had the wren in the garden this morning.... I totally love the wren, it's a beautiful little mousey bird, and always appears to have such a jaunty demeanour. Heartwarming to see the little critter hopping about and scaling the walls.

Ok, it's nearly time for bed... Fox growls!! So many games to play, and only so many bloody hours to play 'em in!! Never enough.

Goodboo!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like we all had mad Fridays...and it sounds like you had my hangover for me. Thanks mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robo Rally. You have something like 8 different game boards you can use each one harder than the last. You pick a robot and deal out cards from which you pick out your moves and the order and put the rest back in the pile. You move your robot according to the card you have for that move. Sometimes you robot gets in the way of other robots and gets taken off course. There are conveyer belts and holes in the floor. The conveyer belts move you along even after your turn is over. Sometimes off the board so you have to start over. Same is you fall in a hole. You get damage from dying or from being shot by other robots. You get too much damage and you have to power down for a set of turns. The games gets really crazy in that what you plan out doesn't alway work due to other players move. It's a great strategy game.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got curious enough to go check out pogo's website... but I stopped short when they wanted me to sign up for a free account. I guess I am not in a form-filling-out mood tonight. :)

    I think I am going to try out that suppliment that you recommended, Shawn especially is in to alternative medicine and the daypro really concerned me because it can cause seizures and stomache bleeding. I'd rather have old lady bones, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for you, FoX, I've added a suitable soundtrack to go with the squirrel piece.

    ReplyDelete