If I had words to make a day for you.....
I'd sing you a morning golden and new,
I would make this day last for all time,
Give you a night deep in moon shine.
I always cry at the film Babe!! I'm such a big old softie really. I cried at ET too, you know the bit where he is in the stream and he's gone all white and funky.... "Don't die ET... Don't die", I sobbed.
And so, it is the full moon. I'm really pleased about it. The full moon means a lot to me, and one memory I can recount....
I travelled half way round the world to Thailand... Stayed in Bangkok for a while, and then flew down to Koh Samui. The plan was to visit the legendary full moon party on Koh Phangan. When it actually came down to it, we never actually made it the last few miles to the party, and viewed the cloudy skies of Koh Samui. Caught a fleeting glimpse of said moon. The next day we travelled to Koh Phangan, and apparently it had been so cloudy that the moon never put in an appearance at its own party. I will never know why I didn't actually make those last few miles.
Incidentally, the trip to Thailand was my first ever website that I created. I put all the photos up there, and wrote a little travelog to go with them. I never kept the photos or made a backup of the website, and you can guess.... My friendly ISP deleted it and almost all my memories of the craziest time I've ever had!!
I have had a banging headache all day today. It's now driving me to distraction. Unless I get some respite from this demon behind my eyes, I can feel a sick day coming on tomorrow. I sat for a while, with a bag of frozen prawns on my head.... Then I tried the frozen mixed vegetables, which in all fairness were a better soother than the prawns.
Funnily enough... While typing this, I ran off to look on the web for one of those old fashioned ice bags to put on your head... Admittedly, I've been gone a while and come back, but now my headache's gone.
It's official... Bloggin' is good for your noggin!!
Whatever happened to Fry's Five Centres chocolate bars?? If anyone can find me a picture of one for nostalgic reasons, I will gladly award copious karma points.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And there was me telling you off for not posting and you had all the time....oops!
ReplyDeleteI'd forgotten about those five centre chocolate bars. Am I right in thinking that there were more than five segments in each bar so you got some centres twice?
ReplyDeleteGlad your headache is better. Frozen peas make the best ice pack. Certainly better for your head on the outside rather than having to eat them and put them on the inside. I used to work with the fingerprint officers of the British police and sometimes they would have english chocolate sent over and would share. Have to say that the English Cadburys are a lot better than the American Cadburys. I miss those. So good.
ReplyDeleteCher