Hanging on.....
I feel like I am finally turning a corner.
I'm turning a corner, and someone forgot to shut the door properly, and I don't have a seat belt on, and any second now I could fall out.
It's a corner though.
Beyond the corner, there's a big hill to climb. I can't tell whether it's a short, steep hill, or a long gradual one, but I know I should save some energy for the ascent.
Once again, I can't thank people enough for their support.
My mum, on the other hand, thinks that blogging is the work of the devil. She can't abide the fact that relative strangers can comment on my private life.
To put things in context, my mum, on hearing my decision to move out, created a list of things I could do to save the relationship and to not move out. Can you believe she thinks that Michelle and I, having children, would be some sort of solution??
So, I say, welcome bloggers, virtual pals, and anonymous lurkers. Come in and read. Make a comment if you feel the need. You're all welcome to give advice, as long as you won't be offended if I don't use it.
Sometimes an outsider's perspective is more insightful than those close by.
Tomorrow is Monday, and it's a new week. It's been one of the maddest weeks of my life this week. Goodbye to it, and good riddance.
Out with the old, in with the new!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw bless her,your mums only trying to help hun,hope next week is better for you xx
ReplyDeleteJase, somewhere within yourself you already know what you do and don't want. You've probably already jumped the biggest and most daunting hurdle that's in your path. The only thing you've got to watch is that you don't leap blindly into a situation that leaves you feeling worse than you already do. Warmer water brings with it man eating sharks.
ReplyDeleteHello there.
ReplyDeleteHere's my two cents:
I am fairly certain that Mum loves Miche and doesn't want either of you two to be unhappy. She probably also wants grandchildren from you and expected that it was a certain eventuality. Even though you weren't officially married, cohabitating for 17 years means that you were married in all but the actual legal sense, so this turn of events likely feels just like a seperation, or hell, even the beginnings of a divorce.
When Shawn and I hit our rough patch (and we did almost divorce, he even filed the papers with the courts) it was nearly impossible for me to talk with people who knew and loved us. And their advice would have made me laugh if I was capable of it at the time. I found the only person I could talk to was my best friend, Lauren, who has lived on the other side of the country for years and was able to be loyal, supportive, and objective (in part because of the physical seperation).
I threw myself into my work during that period and was never more productive. Not having anything to go home to really increases output!
Anyways, I have gone on long enough for now. I am rooting for you guys, I have always gotten the sense that you love her very deeply whenever you mention her in your blogs.
I had to mature about 10-years' worth in the time Shawn and I were apart, and probably another 5 years' worth as we began working on rebuilding our relationship, but it is honestly better than ever and I do begrudgingly admit that we would not be nearly as strong a couple if we hadn't had our love and commitment tested like that. I will probably always wish we hadn't had to learn that lesson the hard way, but I am to the point that I am grateful for the circumstances and the knowledge we gleaned from it all.
HUGS to you both, sweetheart.
I've thought about it this afternoon and you know what, I can honestly say that I love you, too!
(you lucky dog, you! :P )
Emotional journeys are scary propositions. The ride is confusing and sometimes exhausting but the end is good. At least I have found that to be so. Your mom and my mom are a lot alike in they don't understand blogging. My mom can't figure out why I would have a online diary that everyone can read. I told her other peoples responces bring clarity. She didn't get that at all. I wish you luck on your journey and while you are working everything out. Don't forget to date Michelle. Drew dated me while I was moved out and we would go to dinner and just talk like we hadn't in a long time. I found that to be important it's probably what kept us together. Hugs to you and to Michelle take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteCher
Hey Foxy
ReplyDeletehope you and Miche both get through it intact. It's already been said on this board but you know in your heart what you want to do and what outcome you're striving for. Sometimes distance is the best option for a clean perspective.
......and sometimes you just need to go out, cut loose, lose your inhibitions and down Tequila!
just follow your heart and do what feels right...i'm sure you know what's the right thing to do
ReplyDeletehugs for you and Michelle
kris