Rest and relaxation.
God bless Wednesday. It's not the start of the week, it's not the end of the week. The positive that I draw from Wednesday is that, once it's past midday, then I consider that the weekend technically starts here.
I'm having a rest day from my cycling today... Just let the old muscles relax a bit, and try to get my bike back to the shop tomorrow for them to inspect all the bits that I am unhappy with.... Somehow I managed to pretty much total the gears, chain, and front cogs.... And I am only a lightweight novice rider (lightweight in effort.. Not literally, as I am sure everyone who knows me will agree).
I turn 37 in a couple of weeks. For the weekend of my birthday, I am trying to organise a little trip to Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland for some mountain biking and camping shenanigans. A few guys from work, and a couple of pals are up for it so far, and if anyone out there in blogworld would like to accompany us, then drop me a line!! It's bloody hard work organising things. Some people are more interested in riding bikes, and others are more interested in turning native and going Rambo style in the woods... It's a fine balance!! It is also imperative that I get my bike sorted out before this jolly old jaunt.
My random act of kindness today was to send a little arctic fox to Olivia (Gary's daughter) who I met at the weekend... I think I mentioned before that she was confused because I wasn't dressed up like a fox!! Bless her little cotton socks... She loved it. I got it from a site which really made me laugh.... Consider this..... You wanna send someone some flowers?? Use Interflora... You wanna send someone an animal?? Use Interfauna of course.
Oh dear, I've set out my stall in this week's Celebdaq to bag some dividends, and my share prices are falling through the floor. I can only hope and pray that someone notices the potential dividend yields of my shares and starts buying them, otherwise I am destined for residence in the lower ranks until kneecapping day.... Shame!!
I think I might play a little bit of Animal Crossing on my Gamecube this afternoon (instead of healthily riding my knackered bike).... I haven't played since August, and hopefully some new fish and insects will be there for the taking!!
Foxy fact #1 - In England we have a type of sweet (candy) called CurlyWurly... It's a caramelly/toffee centered squirly thing covered in chocolate.... When I got run over (Aged 4) I was eating one of these bars, (in fact my mum actually thought I had bitten my tongue off, but it was just a mouthful of chewy toffee), and have never eaten once since. The reason I was reminded of this, is because my cat (Maurice) is asleep on a bumper bag full of them, that Michelle bought, and I can only imagine they will be all totally melted and trashed... hahaha... Serves her right, she should have more compassion for me than to bring said items into the house!!
Cool thing for today:
Bugsy Malone Lyrics - Next time it's on, you can sing along with all the words... No excuses....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want an aardvark!!!!!
ReplyDeleteA birthday clue - it’s a week after mine - which is September 17th - do the math. (or, for our English readers, ‘maths’)
ReplyDeleteAnd here’s the song of the Fox
Hot-headed FoXy makes his mind up
Don't mess with FoXy or you'll wind up
Wishing you'd left well enough alone
He's a man, a mountain
He's a cycling stone
And when he'll leave you
Sad and lonely, crying
I couldn't say, but it's known
That everybody wants that man
The FoXy cylone
That last word should have been cyclone... oops!
ReplyDeletewoooaa dude where am i lol.
ReplyDeletecurly wurlys do they still make them. nice! this is some serious blog page..very posh.
p.s comment in peace on my space,too much noise for you fox hahaha.
take it easy.
kev.
Come on whens the birthday?
ReplyDeletehmmm this is better blog site.
ReplyDeleteHopefully we will follow you soon.
Hmm... When is your birthday? Mine is coming up too... the 21st to be exact. I will be 29- yikes, the last year of my 20s... I never thought I would make it this far and it actually is a miracle that I did. I have a lot to be thankful for I guess...
ReplyDeleteSo, you have been run over, bit by several dogs, and lived and worked in a lifestyle that I know from experience is a blessing if you come out alive... I guess you have a lot to be thankful for too! (Did I miss anything else?)
just tell me when is your birthday and i will be there...with my bike ofcourse
ReplyDeletekriss
We would like to wish you a FOXY B'DAY soon...
ReplyDeleteHave done something for the Katrina victims today here in Dallas, feeling great from my act of RANDOM KINDNESS. I wish I spend more time to help people...
----------------------------------
http://s1.amazon.com/paypage/PELYGQVJ8Q7IB/103-0493347-9351801