Sunday, September 11, 2005

Groan!

Hungover, and totally flat... had a right good night out with some great company. Got totally smashed and finished with a customary curry... very pleasant. What's more, I think Karl actually liked his DVD that I chose. Result!! Great to see... Hugo, Ben, Al, Len, Lucy, Clem, Dave, Sandi, Raps, Scoff, Spencer - sorry for spitting all over Raps while no doubt venting some venom over something and sorry if I left anyone out of the list (I was in a state)... and it's always good to outtalk a doorman who objects to trainers!!

I have to say, yesterday in MVC in Huddersfield when I went to get the DVD, I actually had a good customer experience. I had a list of DVDs that I could have chosen, and took the list to the counter. Sometimes trying to find a DVD in a big store is like looking for a proverbial small, sharp sewing utensil in the proverbial pile of dried grass!! I asked the assistant if they had "Look around you" and not only did he actually know what it was, and that they had it in stock, and fetched it to the counter for me, but he had actually seen it and we had a little chat about it. These experiences are very rare in England. We do not treat customers well, and shop staff are generally unhelpful and have no real knowledge of the products they are selling.

I hate hangovers. I got up this morning, drank a pint of Viper, and went back to bed until midday. Michelle dragged me round the supermarket. I honestly don't think I should have been driving!! I just remembered we were drinking (amongst other things) Wraye and Nephew overproof jamaican rum .

Patented hangover cure for me this afternoon, was to lie back on the sofa, with an iced coffee, and watch a movie. The movie I chose today was the most excellent House Of Flying Daggers. Probably not such a good thing to pick something with subtitles when you have a hangover but the dialogue was minimal, and the movie was absolutely fantastic. If you liked Crouching Tiger, then you'll love Flying Daggers. I am not gonna spoil it for you here, but it's beautfiful and tragic. A great way to recover from last night's excesses.

Well, it's one of them truly wasted days again - I STILL haven't done my paperwork... haven't been out on my bike for a few days... haven't really done anything... still what are weekends for except vegging out a bit??

Think I'll have a bath and relax a bit more. My neighbour's been round... he wants me to go and have a look at his computer... I realise this would count as my random act of kindness, but I am not totally sure I can be bothered!! How bad am I??

Right, I've been blogging this stupid entry, with nothing to say, for far too long now. I think I have been here typing and surfing, and chatting for an hour already!! Laters world!!

Cool thing for today:

Cream a penguin for luck : The orginal and best free online penguin whacking website. Great fun.

2 comments:

  1. 48th Brigade to get safer assignment
    AJC reporter Moni Basu and photographer Bita Honarvar will be filing reports and photos from Iraq.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a ##HSA## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##health savings account## related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    -----------------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you get a lot of random comments now. Folks are ALWAYS asking Shawn and I to look at their computers. It is never just one problem, and it is never a quick fix! I will usually go give it a try when asked, Shawn avoids it if at all possible. Any ways, glad you had a good time and that the gift was a hit. You sound like a very caring and thoughtful friend.

    ReplyDelete