Saturday, September 17, 2005

Get fresh at the weekend!!

Happy Birthday Spice!!

I've had a stiff neck all day.... I blame Gary!!

Result of having a stiff neck all day has been very little action.

Got up early... very early. Watched the golden glow of the sunrise make its way across my lounge.

Played backgammon on Pogo, and completed my badge.

Riv came round. We put my new tent up, so as to make sure all the parts were there, and that I would be able to set it up next weekend near Newton Stewart on my birthday cycling/camping trip. The tent's actually very good. A real bargain for twenty five quid.

Climbed on the sofa and rested my neck... i.e. slept!!

Watched Thunderbirds Are Go!! A great movie, and one that brings me onto a topic I have discussed before, but which never bores me.

There was the most fantastic piece of footage in the film where Lady Penelope was having a cup of tea. In Thunderbirds, when they do a close-up of hands, they use real hands with props. The scene in question had me a little puzzled because they showed a silver tea service with a real hand pouring a cup of tea. The silver tea service was so obviously made of plastic and sprayed silver. I began to wonder why they didn't use a proper silver tea service, and then, lo and behold the next shot is of the puppet putting down the teapot, and of course it's an exact scale model made of plastic and sprayed silver. What fantastic foresight and continuity. For anyone that knows me, you will already know, but for anyone else, I have this amazing love for scenes of this nature. In the film Cats and Dogs when a dog is operating a computer, it's blatantly a pair of fake paws on sticks thumping a few keys.... Every time I find a piece of film like this, I spontaneously start to jump around on the sofa and whoop with delight!! Am I strange??

Ok, well that was about my day... lots of Pogo, pizza, chips, biscuits, and coffee. Not exciting but very weekendy!!

Cool thing for today:

From boiled eggs to Smoked Haddock chowder, she's a domestic Goddess!!

3 comments:

  1. You know, I knew it was going to be a Delia link as soon as I saw the words Domestic Goddess (sorry Michelle).

    You just can't go wrong with a Delia recipe - and unlike a certain American cookery specialist she's never been in prison, lol.

    Thunderbirds - great movie - and also has the obligatory 1960's dream sequence. Did someone lace his bed time milk - maybe there's an outtake in the vaults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! I am short, and too cheap to buy from petite stores, so most of my pants are long too, but the sweatpants especially, they have to go around bottom of feet so elastic cuff is around arch of foot. I am not the only one! Boogie_Mum does it too! :P Talk to you later and I hope your neck feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what your neck needs - good massage!!! take a next plane to estonia and your neck problem is gone!!!

    ReplyDelete