Tuesday, September 06, 2005

It's Tuesday and it's hot.... Very hot!!

Don't get me wrong! I love England in good weather. I would go as far as to say that it's my favourite place in the whole world when it's warm. Today should have been a bit cooler, because I am destined to go out bike riding this afternoon... Fluid loss central.

Yesterday was a boring old Monday. I've never liked Mondays on the basis that I have to drag myself, kicking and screaming, from a warm fluffy bed, accompanied with the usual post binge battered kidneys, stiff legs, and watering eyes. It's never the best way to greet a day or to have a day greet me!

I didn't even manage a customary bike ride because I was too busy working out how my new blogger blog works. Personally, I MUCH prefer blogger to the MSN spaces, and here are a few reasons for anyone thinking about making the change:
1) I haven't lost a single post or comment or anything yet.
2) There is a downloadable Word blog template so you can compose your blog in MS Word (I presume) - I haven't tried this yet, but it will surely appeal to some.
3) Spell check - Blogger has its own in-built spell checker... Sure it's a bit flakey and runs on an American dictionary, but it's a Godsend to the fat fingered types like me!!
4) HTML - It's a little bit more "tinkery" than the MSN spaces, so if you have a bit of HTML knowledge, you can take your space a little bit further.
5) Address - the blog space addresses are so much nicer.... My old one was http://spaces.msn.com/members/arctic--fox and that's a frikking mouthful. The new address skips lightly off the tongue http://arctic--fox.blogspot.com/ and I like that so much.

There are a couple of minor drawbacks, to which I will probably come to terms, but initially, I notice:

1) No photo album thing like MSN.
2) Permalink doesn't seem to be an option.
3) Profile page doesn't seem to conform to your blog theme... It looks weird in a different style.
4) I miss my old MSN pals .
5) The layout of the page isn't as easy to handle... MSN drag and drop dashboard interface was good.

Overall, I think Blogger is for a more serious blog-head... and MSN is for less competent web-heads.... As both of them are free.... Knock yourselves out... Personally, I envisage staying put on Blogger for quite a while... There are a few "plug-ins" that are yet to be explored and I would like to know how this blog handles photos at some point.

Oh, well... I think I shall finish off here, have a surf round my old blog-pals and sail off into the sunset on a full stomach and a mountain bike.

Bonjour!!

Just a little catch up.... cycled about 18 miles tonight.... Didn't even think I was going to make 10 miles at first, but you have to push the boundaries a little... I know I'll feel better for it after a shower.... I'm all sweaty, and my quads are ready to explode.... come on girls... touch 'em!!

apologies in advance for my phone camera picture quality... it was MUCH more beautiful in reality:













Cool thing for today:

The Mole (a really cool 70's cartoon from Czechoslovakia.... I have such fond memories)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Fox, just wanted to let you know that blogger does hold pictures. You can make your own photo album and it is real easy to insert them into posts. I downloaded a program from www.hello.com for blogger and it makes things super easy.

    I also found a way to permalink if you are interested, I would be happy to walk you through it.

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY FOX!!!
    thanks for your comment. and i did punch my boss:)

    "the mole"- i know this cartoon. it is soooocool for kids to watch. not like cartoons today: punch and kill.

    nice cat;)

    be cool
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there! once i get a bike........................

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Spinning Rey Rey, it feels like you switched schools or moved away or something. Somehow, I suppose I will get over it. :P talk to you later, alligator!

    ReplyDelete