One PISSED OFF Fox!!
First, let me set the record straight. I LOVE this time of year. Autumn is my favourite season. The problem with the change between the seasons is really, that I hate the darkness and I hate the rain. I always get flu and/or bronchitis as this season sets in.
Further into autumn when the leaves have changed colour and have started to fall, and hopefully there will be a drier spell, then I will be fully in the swing of it.
I DO suffer from the lack of daylight, and this is simply compounded by being at work for the entire length of it.
Ok, let me get back to the title of this post... I am pissed off!!
I have a Sky+ box... For those of you who don't know what that is, think TiVo, or a hard disk recorder for your satellite TV.
I fekking love my Sky+ box, that is, until today.
I came home from work intent on lying on the sofa and watching half a film and falling asleep - my favourite way to spend late afternoons. I look through the log of recorded programmes, and pick a suitable one - Zatoichi - It's kinda billed as the film that would wipe the bloodied floor with Kill Bill. This reminds me, I must mention another film before I finish this blog. Anyway, I select my film.
Please enter PIN number:
Pin number?? What the....? I randomly press some buttons and find that I am locked out of the system for 10 minutes... Great.
Ten minutes later....
I try every button and code known to man. Nothing.
Five hours later, I decide to ring Sky, and this is the message:
Thanks for calling. Your call is held in a queue and will be answered within FIFTY TWO minutes.
I hang up, ready to throw the TV through the window.
I do some research and Michelle finds the manual for the Sky box. Apparently the default PIN number is the last four digits of the viewing card. It works.
Apparently Sky have implemented a new software revision, which means that if I want to watch anything recorded after 10pm, then I have to enter a PIN number. This is outrageous... How dare they, and if I am able to go on the web and find the default PIN code, then surely a million kids have managed to raid the cookie jar already!!
Pointless, annoying, incompetent fools!!
By this time, of course, it's soap time, I have missed my nap, and I can't watch the bloody film even if I want to.
Ok, Fox calms himself down and breathes into a paper bag.
Have any of you watched Sin City?? I consider myself to be quite a discerning movie fan. I have very little tolerance for watching bad films. Well, my good friend gave me Sin City to watch, and guess what?? It's jumped straight into my all time top ten favourite films of all time!! Accolade indeed. You MUST see it!! Frank Miller (He, of Dark Knight comic fame) is a God!! It gets a full five Foxy stars!! Buy it, rent it, steal it, kill me for it.... Just get it and watch it and punch me if you don't like it!!
Cool thing for today:
My new wallpaper on my computer at work! (Fox is dribbling on the carpet) Thank heavens, for little girls......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not yet seen Sin City myself but I've heard good things. Sandi has and gives a good report.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm on my soap box here but if you like Sin City you'll like the books of Andrew Vachss - very similar content.
No, I'm not on commission... but guess who has also written storylines for Dark Horse Comics.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha dont talk to me about soap time it all starts in our house from 7 till about bloody half nine.Try and think of something to do time jeez.
ReplyDeleteSin city saw that a while back mmm well your in for a bloody good slappin fox lol....nah it was alreet i spose.
(probably cos it was a shite copy)
I bought Shawn Sin City as a present a few weeks ago and he liked it as well. He says that Jessica Alba is wearing too much clothes compared to the other characters through most of the movie. He has that screen saver too, he just replaced it with one for the new Mitsubishi Eclipse. Why do all the men in my life harbor crushes for Jessica Alba? Sniff... I just can't compete!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you like fall too. Not to be a punk, but if you could quit smoking, I bet your respiratory issues would improve. Yes, I know you know that, but I consider it my cyber-girlfriend duty to nag you. Oh and BTW, I added you to my special people list, all you had to do was ask! :P
Hey all...
ReplyDeleteBy FAR, the best SPAM filter I've ever seen available for home email client programs (Outlook and the like)...
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/
-David / BootJockey
Hi Fox,
ReplyDeleteThanks, nice to be back. I needed a brief break from "stuff electronic" for awhile. I know you know what I'm talking about.
Yes, I do think blogging has helped me find contentment. I was talking about that with Chrys last night. I feel I get stuff out, and once it's out, I can put it behind me. :) Life has definately been more amusing. I have to say I've been disappointed that the regulars who used to come by, even just to say hi, don't, anymore. I've thought about taking the blog off, since it seems kind of pointless if there isn't any feedback or opposing opinions on anything. But I do feel better writing things down and getting them out. Of course, I can do that with a paper and pen. I don't know. I enjoyed the new friends I had made, but I wish they hadn't gone away, though.
-David
I know, I did/do that. But they don't come back anymore. So, why bother?
ReplyDeleteI have no problems doing daily entries...it's pretty easy, really. It just is strange to me, you know, that in the past couple of weeks, all the people I used to converse with every day, now I don't see them for weeks. Even though I continue to visit theirs daily. Why bother, you know?
ReplyDelete-David
You Wrote:
--> You could always go for a single weekly update if you can't face the daily grind..... I think it's always difficult when you have a break no matter how small to get the readers back.... I took my birthday off (24th sep) and over that weekend my visitors dropped from 36 a day to 4.... Not to mention there are plenty of lurkers out there.... try posting something rhetorical/controversial and see how many people take the bait.... people can't resist a challenge. Online friendships are SO fickle!! FoX
Basically, I just miss talking to them. *sigh*
ReplyDelete