Thursday, December 01, 2005

Pinch and a punch.

If you know anything about me, you will know that I observe the ritual, of "pinch and a punch" for the first of the month to the point of obsession. It's a running battle with Michelle to make the first contact in the morning of the first of each month. Last month I gave her a black eye with a well placed punch. I knew she was angling for revenge.

Today, as I got ready for work, I knew I had to perpetuate my lucky streak. I didn't have the heart to climb the two flights of stairs to whack her one. I planned to wait until we were both at home later. I knew full well she would also be thinking along these lines.

During the day.... I received a test punching from Michelle, but this is just horseplay. The real thing comes in the shape of real pain.

During the day, I received an email punch from Emma.... I will not let this one slip by me.... One day Emma, when you least expect it......

I got home, played a bit of Gamecube, had a power snooze, and played a little Pogo.

I heard the door and prepared for first contact.

Fortunately for me, my mobile phone was downstairs, and it was ringing. Michelle, preoccupied, picked up the mobile phone, and brought it to me. Like a lamb to the slaughter.... Whack.

I was on the phone for about half an hour, and Michelle still hadn't come round. She did hit the floor quite hard, I must admit. Still, that's the luck of the draw.

I'd like to thank Stu, for his well timed phone call.

Cool thing for today:

Lord, I love this game.... Try it!!

Disclaimer: All incidents of violence in this blog are purely fictional. Michelle didn't actually hit the floor THAT hard when I decked her, it's just a little cut.

9 comments:

  1. Back in the UK with your biscuits, FoXy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. POW!!!

    Poor Michelle!

    Found something that might bring you joy... a chocolate armadillo... made of CAKE. Check it out: http://www.wilton.com/contests/yourtakeoncake/2005/2005views/view_3051_chocarmadillo.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog was cool reading (Pinch and a punch) and full of suspense until I reach the DESCLAIMER :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You beat your woman?? You terrible man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fox honey, if I thought you were really running around knocking out our Michelle, I'd pop you one myself next visit. LOL.

    And yes, writing for a living is far different than writing for yourself. The editing is the part that sucks. I enjoy writing the story, and usually laugh my way through it, but then when I edit it, I also think everything I've written sucks. Sigh. Perhaps you should consider writing after all, you're already self-critical enough.

    Take care of that health. Life is too short to spend it stressed out at a job you aren't enjoying. Or trying to spork your way out of it. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right young man. I know where you live and I've called the Police. I fear for the safety of your missus and the poor ickle hedgehogs that frequent your garden. Like The Sun said: "Jail this sick scum!".

    Oh and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!
    [url=http://iitupjaa.com/hwee/lvgg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ytgelwgo.com/fqfh/juwu.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work!
    http://iitupjaa.com/hwee/lvgg.html | http://taksrjph.com/ktxi/darx.html

    ReplyDelete