For Fox sake.
I am definitely not worthy.
A few comments recently have most most praising of the Fox's efforts and words. I am humbled by such lovely comments.
Two people I know of (and you know who you are) have actually read my blog out loud to someone this week. I LOVE this concept, it's something I had never considered before. It fools all internet page counters and statistics.
Today, I witnessed, first hand, a colleague reading my blog, and positively laughing out loud. His shoulders were shaking, and he was struggling to read on. This is never a great advert for my blog in the middle of a large open plan serious office context. It does, however, encourage more from the pen of the fox.
The concept of writing professionally was mentioned, and it made me choke on my baked potato with mushroom curry. Unfortunately for me, I have a brain that would not allow me to do it. A blog is about the length of my attention span, and the fact that the adjacent days in no way join up is what keeps me going. If I had to go back and edit the things I wrote before, I think it would end up as the most boring and short blog in the world. I am rarely happy with my efforts, other than it pleases me to write it.
I am pretty sure that Sandi would be the first to tell you that writing for profit, is a whole different ball game to the inane ramblings that pour out of my fingers. Let's be honest, for every one good blog entry here, there are ten terrible ones. Not sure I could write many books on that basis.
I have finally reached a perfect escape plan for work. This morning, as I began my new escape tunnel, two prongs sheared away from the body of my KFC spork. Heartbroken? I was mortified. I have decided that there is only one option, and have decided, for the first time in my life, to simply walk away from it. I'm sad to have failed. There's a first time for everything I guess, but I really think my health and happiness must come first.
I'm sad, but relieved at the concept of this inevitable step.
I'll get over it, and I really could do with a little bit of time off to get my head in order.
RIP Fox's career (1985 - 2005)
Cool thing for today:
This is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. I sometimes spend a little bit of time looking where all my visitors come from, and how they reached my blog. This by far is the coolest search I have ever had the privelege of sitting in pole position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Man. I did the search, What the hell does auntiejen21 do and my blog was NEVER mentioned. It only pulled blogs of people I have left comments for. harumpf.
ReplyDeleteDid I read your blog correctly? Did you resign your post? Are you going to fulfill my dream and finally become a dolphin? If so, will you migrate over this way one day and do pretty jumps out of the ocean so that I can take pictures of you? If I sell any of the photos, I will split the royalties with you. It should be enough to keep you in fish food as you grow older...
All joking aside, I think your writing is always very nice, although there are some entries that I have no idea what you are talking about. I hope that things start to look up for you soon, and that your stress level decreases to a more acceptable level. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best. {{{BIG OLE BEAR HUGS}}} -Jen
One brave step for man, one giant leap for mankind!
ReplyDelete