Don't you just hate it...
... When you can't get to the laptop to make your daily post because SOMEONE is too busy playing on Pogo!!
I make no apologies for my enforced absence.
I am feeling a bit better today, my lungs and nose have started to work again, and although my nose is red raw and falling apart through years of systematic abuse, I am inclined to think it may actually remain in one piece for the foreseeable future. I am filling my nose with a nice mix of Happinose ointment, and savlon to try to stop the rot!!
Enough about my scabby septum already.
I posted a little piece of poetry in the comments of Jen's blog in response to a George Bush "subliminal" poem. How surprised I was to find someone copying and posting it as part of their blog... It made me laugh. The way things perpetuate through blogs is a constant source of amusement to me. Take your average questionnaire (fox growls at the miserable thought) and see how quickly they spread.
It's a proper shame I have nothing real or interesting to write about. News, current affairs, topical debate and other worthy things are all done through blogs. Countries that would punish bloggers by death, still manage to have their renegade "anonymous" bloggers. We can learn about first hand life under dictators, with far more realism than a "journalist" could ever hope to achieve in their three or four day stay.
Blogs are good. They range from mindless drivel (like mine) through to Baghdad Burning, or the excellent and revealing Police blogs that Spice found. I find it hard to imagine, just what it would be like, to be in danger of speaking my tiny mind. Some people risk a LOT for their blog.
I thank the stars that my thoughts and words are not quite as limited as some people.
I personally thank you, one and all, for taking the time to write, and the time to read. Blogging is one of THE most important things that have happened in my life time. I'm happy to be a part of it.
Cool thing for today:
See what people risk. Download the bloggers and cyber-dissident's handbook for free. It's a proper eye opener.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fantastic links, FoXy. Well done.
ReplyDeleteWe should all add them to our lists to show support.
As usual, when FoX thinks he has nothing to say, it is really an excellent post. I embrace your sentiment about blogging being so important. It is a refreshing departure from biased and agenda driven media.
ReplyDeleteYour poem was good, hun. You shoulda copyrighted it. A couple months from now you will receive it as an email forward with no credit to you! :P