Isolation...
The fox retreats to his burrow 'neath the hill.
Completely and utterly void of communication with the outside world.
In a valley surrounded by rushing water, lakes, trees, bullrushes, and lots of strange coloured ducks!
It's good, but I miss my phone, and I miss my internet, and I miss my cosy Sky+ box!!
I've moved my first console in. I've bought vases and fresh flowers. I've bought cleaning equipment and consumables. I still haven't played a video game, as I need to focus on more productive tasks.
I need to learn how to iron a shirt!!
I'm learning to live with my own company. Loneliness has always been a problem for me, no, more than a problem, a deep rooted fear. I now have to stare it in the face and tackle it headlong. It's an uphill struggle, and not one that I expect to be remotely enjoyable, but essential nevertheless.
Hopefully my phone gets connected today, and I might have found a most unique spot where my mobile phone gets a signal (there's actually about a square foot in the very middle of my bed) which means I might at least regain some element of access to human beings again.
I've signed up for Sky TV at the new address with a squillion channels - The standard four channels just isn't enough!!
I've got music, and a laptop, and two blocks of cheese. There's a few bottles of Guinness in the fridge. I've got bubble bath and a roof over my head, and it's made of oak! (I think)
The whole thing's taking a few days, but it's finally taking some sort of shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It wasnt too long ago you were writing about that kind of isolation in a wishful thinking kinda fashion, dont worry hun we'll all still be here when you're all connected again!
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying the new place
Speak soon
Pol xxx
Hope everything is as good as it can be Fox, Spring Equinox today, so it is a good time for all things new and fresh.
ReplyDeleteWorcester Dan
Sounds like you are getting moved in finally. Don't you wish the tv and phone and internet could already be hooked up before you move in. It would make life so much easier.
ReplyDeleteCher
Isolation is "a defense mechanism in which memory of an unacceptable act or impulse is separated from the emotion originally associated with it"
ReplyDeleteIs that the way you are feeling now?
"Be good and you will be lonely." - Mark Twain.
ReplyDeletedear fox,
as long you have us, you're not alone. you know, now is the best time to do something crazy...do you remember you told about that last summer in your msn blog???
hugs
kris
ohhh...can i see those strange coloured ducks, please, please, please!!!???