Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Perhaps...

Perhaps I gave the wrong impression yesterday?

I am not unhappy with things. I am facing personal challenges, and this is a good thing.

The temporary glitches that have come with moving house are just teething problems. I managed to get the phone hooked up yesterday, and it's all working fine now.

Ade, my co-worker, who will be sharing the apartment during the week, has moved in, and he is loving it there too.

I think I've identified my strange ducks, and they're possibly "ruddy ducks".

This morning (at about 7am) I strolled up to the lake, and watched a heron and a few ducks. Really nice and relaxed.

I'm in a really positive frame of mind. The Guinness stash is gradually being consumed, and I am managing to utilise my mobile phone (in the correct manner) as an organiser, to create shopping lists, and generally take control of my own life.

The new fox is finally starting to emerge.

My only gripe thus far, is that the kitchen is the coldest place on earth!! Not sure if I mentioned this before, but there's no heating in there, and the river runs directly beneath. It's a shame, because I love cooking, and in all honesty, a cold kitchen in winter, is not a good kitchen, nor one where I wish to be for any longer than is totally necessary.

I will be extremely happy when I've got broadband installed. Four days and counting!!

I miss you all!!

9 comments:

  1. good to hear.
    you guys have great time there and behave

    hugs
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOXMEISTER!!!!! Welcome to the world of new homes, strange ceilings and waking in the night and having to work out where the bathroom is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look space!Thanks for your comment! I do remember you - your the Egypt dude:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you too...
    Broadband, hurry up!

    Congratulations on the new digs and the facing your fears. Personal growth is a good thing!

    HUGS -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The new fox is finally starting to emerge"

    I wish and hope that this New fox will Outfox the Old fox.
    A New Fow, with no smoking habit.
    A New Fox, spending less time with Pogo
    A New Fox with more time with his blog readers
    A New Fox in the quintessential marathon with his beloved one...

    MAY FOX LIVE LONG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get some padding and put it down on the kitchen floor and put a rug over it. It will help to keep your toosties warm also as you are cooking the air will heat up. Glad you are enjoying your space.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Challenge life and you will come out being the definite winner.

    -HB

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a past that is gone forever.....but there is also a future which is still your own. Enjoy those RUDDY ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what lakes this fox? you in huddersfield i've only driven through there up that damn stupid motorway that cuts through that poor guys farm.Stick it in 4th and try to get up the hill without the bmw drivers trying to take you out.
    more petrol and another week in widnes my life is complete.
    kev

    ReplyDelete