Grab your whacking sticks, and let's get bloody!
I went to a local pub last night for a couple of pints of the lovely Guinness.
In the pub, there are a couple of dusty artifacts adorning the walls. There's some sort of cow's head, a stuffed pheasant and a couple of stag antlers.
Times like this make me wonder about humans, about progress, about our inbuilt obsession with establishing ourselves at the top of a complex food chain. From fox hunting, to whaling, to big game safaris, we as a race have seemingly always felt it necessary to pit our wits and technology against the mightiest of endangered foes. This is surely what sets us apart from lesser species??
So, imagine my delight, at the news of the start of the annual seal clubbing season!!
Let's get back to basics, and preserve our fish stocks by grabbing the nearest piece of wood and whacking some harp seals.
Now, I may be slightly misinformed, but as I understand it, you're allowed to whack a harp seal three times with a stick, and if its eyes are closed, you can skin it. If its eyes aren't closed, then you're obliged to let it go....
I think cavemen and women probably had more compassion than is currently exerted amongst the ice floes!
In the last three years, a million seal pups have been ritually harvested in this way, but at least I can still buy fish in the shops!
I once had a computer program, which ran a nifty little graph, called "foxes and hares". The graph was to illustrate the natural pattern of population expansion and decline. Lots of hares, then the foxes eat like kings and multiply accordingly. When there are enough foxes, there isn't enough food, and the population starts to decline. The decline in fox population brings an increase in the hare population, and so ad infinitum.
And so, faced with this very fact, we are now manipulating, in a very graphic manner, yet another natural "resource". We are so superior, that we can actually "control" our own planet. But beware, there may yet be a sting in the tail. Imagine a herd of giant killer mutant king prawns besieging your town!! It could well happen!!
Grab your sticks.... We are shunning the concept of progress and regressing to our basic instincts. Destroy all monsters!
Makes me proud to be human
I can't comment on anything Canadian - they may decide I'm not a suitable candidate for residency.
ReplyDeleteThis is discraseful.
ReplyDeletefmeijfsnvwiuoancpoiWNGIUVpnugiobivmwbncANCUEWHVNMEITHYGIULFIUECHDMWE87ENWAZAWYSAKDWHSDCNEFHVNIQEHGBVHIASSOVBRUEBGIEWBGTETH0E0GRHWE0DISCRASEFULVNWFIOVNWTIHBTOR
ReplyDeleteWTF... those animals did nothing to you how crule!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAww those poor animals how could they do such a thing what did the ever do to you!? I love animals n who ever kills animlas should burn in hell!!!
ReplyDeleteim gunna wack you ya lil nasty
ReplyDeleteyour gunna go to hell just so you know . you have no idea how bad you are for supporting this . Your words even to them is horrable
im doing a project on them and came across this. and wanted to punch everyone in the face .
love god