Head down....
... Tail in the air....
I am a cautious fox.
Trying not to rock any boats. Trying not to say too much.
In short, I am trying not to jinx the potential offer of a new roof over my head, which could possibly be happening tomorrow.
So, what CAN I actually tell you about, without causing unholy circumstance to surround me?
I can tell you that I am one busy fox at work.
I can tell you that I have never spent so much time visiting people and generally being out of the house.
I'm a relative hermit in my own home, when I am there.
I live in the kitchen, bathed in the incandescent glow of my laptop.
I am chatting to everyone I know on messenger, sometimes quite frantically.
I am listening to a LOT of music... Music is a funny old beast when you feel emotional. Every tune, every lyric, has a new, sharper poignancy, that seems to surgically snip away the heart strings. It's funny how music does this. Generally it languishes there, unnoticed to the greater part. But in troubled times, you notice so much more in those same, dog-eared, flea-bitten pieces of vinyl, plastic, and ferrous oxide.
Isn't life funny... And cruel.... And gloriously painful.
Speaking of which.... I saw a little piece of television the other night that made me watch, with my eyes half closed. A programme about body modification and human art, called "The human canvas". Damn, you know the sort of thing - dudes, hanging themselves up with fish-hooks through their knees, and scarification, and branding and stuff. Looked painful. Why did I watch it? Well, the programme went on to explain that seeing people do it to themselves releases the same endorphins that the perpetrators themselves derive from such torturous activities... Weird huh?
Ok, well, I am drinking my coffee, and then heading off to work. I have a well busy day today!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Music is good for the soul hun you'll be fine,if for no other reason than i refuse to let you be otherwise!
ReplyDeleteKeep thinkin lollipops hun xx
hey hunny!!!
ReplyDeletehang in there. let the music take you high!!!
love and hugs
kris
Good luck on your move. Have fingers crossed for you that all goes well.
ReplyDeleteCher
Here comes the big day - Hope all goes well and that there's no hitches.
ReplyDeleteHello there. I hope everything goes well in regards to the-situatin-that-must-not-be-named-for-fear-of-jinxing-same.
ReplyDeleteHUGS to you, and still to Miche too, my heart hurts a little for the pain the two of you are going through.
I was never much of a lollipop girl... now if you said it was all chocolate and brownies it would be a different story! :P
Hang in there, love! -Jen
.....I prefer 'Captain Lifto' myself!
ReplyDeleteIn my 'considered' and 'somewhat experienced' opinion you felt compelled to watch the body modification and human art programme because you yourself are experiencing the metaphorical equivalent of ripping yourself apart with those fish-hooks.... it is a truly torturous time at the moment... HOWEVER, the 'human canvas' is also to feature soon enough as a new master piece will surely come together....the masterly strokes the Fox is now applying start to take shape in front of our very eyes!
PS I can recommend 'Willy was a Walrus' or 'Chesty Morgan' as 'uplifting' pieces of music in your darkest hour (that, and another frantic chat on Messenger!) - X
So you dont fancy hangin from a tree with a couple of fishooks planted in your buttocks lol nowt wrong with that fox.
ReplyDeletekev