Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Brighter and lighter!

Since we changed the clocks (put them forward one hour) last weekend, the nights are lighter for that bit longer.

The pyschological impact of this arrangement, is that my brain now thinks the days seem longer. I get home from work, and instead of it already turning to dusk, there's actually sunshine in the apartment.

I'm loving it.

I'm rapidly developing a new tidier, cleaner persona in this minimalist place. It's a change for the better from the cluttered, overcrowded life I have always lead. The problem I have now, is that all my clutter is only just behind me and is surely set to be following at some point!

I need to rationalise. I am damn sure I don't need all the belongings I have gathered over the years, and that in return simply gathers dust, and fills every available space around me. I am finding I actually LIKE space!! I like space, and light.

Thank heavens for spring.

The river outside the apartment's been at force ten for the last couple of days. Noisy, and forceful, and stained with the colour of the surrounding moorland. We've pretty much had two solid days of rain, and finally it's over, and the sun's come out.

Well, I'm finally getting mail at my new address, and guess what... Lots of bills are arriving. There's just no escaping the negative side of the balance sheet!! Work, eat, sleep, pay bills, wonder where it all went, go back to work.... The never ending rat race. Doesn't matter how hard I work or how much I earn, I always manage to live beyond my means!!

I still didn't get chance to visit all your blogs, and I know I keep promising to do so, but I just don't seem to get enough damn time. One day, one day soon, you will know I have been there, and marked my territory, like only a fox could!!

Post post update update: Due to my circumstances, I haven't got the computer here that contains all the stuff I need to change the tune on my blog, or to update my voting booth. Soon, I will revamp, and you won't have to put up with the pixies and my mood-o-meter any more!!

Joy!

4 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the Pixies.... am I missing something? Or perhaps all that water is having a hallucinagenic effect on the Fox!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time you change the Mood-O-Meter you'll be feeling positively pink again.

    Nice to see you with the old FoXy brush up in the air again. Ring in the changes - there's a new day rising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time you change the Mood-O-Meter you'll be feeling positively pink again.

    Nice to see you with the old FoXy brush up in the air again. Ring in the changes - there's a new day rising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bugger - must have hit the button twice.

    ReplyDelete