Thursday, January 19, 2006

Your mission..

... Should you choose to accept it!!

I am on a personal mission to visit as many new blogs as possible this week. I think I probably visited thirty of forty new ones tonight, and left comments on about fifty percent of them.

It's very easy to stick to our insulated little blog "circles". To religiously read our friends' blogs, and to never venture further afield.

There are squillions of blogs out there. Last August, a report was done that claimed:

* Technorati was tracking 14.2 million blogs. Today it says it's serving 25.6 million blogs.

* Between last March and August, eight million new blogs had been registered.

* It suggested that the number of blogs was doubling every five months.

* Here we are five months later, and the number has indeed doubled (almost).

* Thirteen percent of blogs are updated weekly or more often.

* Only fifty five percent of bloggers are still going, just three months into their blog sentence.

Now, that's a fair bit of information, right there!!

I am saddened to think of so many blogs falling by the wayside. I fully understand how easy it is to simply lose interest, or to sometimes feel unmotivated to write. For me, the times when I am least inclined to blog are often the best works.

The blog is a cruel mistress. Rewards are sparsely scattered amongst the scribbled pages. Pain and emotion are poured in, in vast quantities. Time, of which we will all come to realise is far too short on this earth, is freely given. Views exchanged, advice delivered, insults hurled, and what does anyone really gain?

I'd imagine, that the human race, sometime in the future, will be wiped from this planet in the blink of an eye. It will probably be a mutated flu pandemic that claims us. Perhaps we will eventually pollute this planet to the extent that it can no longer support life.

Imagine, either a race from another planet, or if the earth re-evolves and humans have a second coming. Imagine the electronic bounty we have left behind. What would someone in the future make of any information they could extract from this massive network of computers?

It's a time capsule. It's the smallest slice of life in the twenty first century. It's the tastiest, smallest slice of cake you've ever tasted. Currently there are 25.6 million ingredients.

There's no time off for good behaviour!!

Give a new blog a well deserved plug, and invite some new people into your circle.

My new blog for today, is based on effort put in. I'm not sure how Captain Kattastic found my page, or what they were looking for. I'm pretty sure what they were looking for wasn't here. They did, however, take the time and trouble to work through quite a few of my inane ramblings and make pertinent comments. Kudos, new friend.

The ambience of the fox's lair is bordering on:

Obsequious.

6 comments:

  1. If William Shakespeare were alive today would he be blogging instead of writing plays? And would he use text spelling?

    shaL I compR thE 2 a sumRz dA?
    dow art mo luvlE & mo temprAt:
    Ruf winz do shAk d darlin buds of mA,
    & sumR's lEs hAf aL t% sht a D8:
    Sumtym t% hot d I of hevN shiNz,
    & ofn iz Hs gold complxN dimd;
    & evry fair frm fair sometym dclynz,
    By chaNc o natuR's changin corS untrimd;
    bt thy eternal sumR shaL not fAd
    Nor luz pozeshun of dat fair dow owest;
    Nor shaL def brag dow wandrst n Hs shAd,
    wen n eternal lynz 2 tym thou grwst:
    So lng az men cn brEth o Iz cn c,
    So lng lives DIS & DIS GIVz Lyf 2 d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Spare Anyone Else From A Trip To Ye Olde Online Dictionary:

    Main Entry: ob·se·qui·ous
    Pronunciation: &b-'sE-kwE-&s, äb-
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, compliant, from Latin obsequiosus, from obsequium compliance, from obsequi to comply, from ob- toward + sequi to follow -- more at OB-, SUE
    : marked by or exhibiting a fawning attentiveness
    synonym see SUBSERVIENT
    - ob·se·qui·ous·ly adverb
    - ob·se·qui·ous·ness noun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good entry today! I have actually noticed that quite a few bloggers have dropped off at or around the 3 month mark - maybe it is like the seven year itch in relationships? :)
    I check out new blogs on Friday and Saturday nights (the nights Shawn is usually up late on the computer) Every once in a while I find a gem, but most of the time it is in a language I do not understand (including that strange language Spice commented in earlier!) or it is a person that I don't feel I can form a "connection" with. But I always keep looking... there is always room on my Bloggin Buddy list for more!
    yay! The weekend is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best blog entry so far of the year. I enjoyed reading it.

    I'm sure that Fox mood-o-meter swings, and rests on:

    Imparting a divine influence on the mind and soul of Fox...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog, its got a nice look and feel. Plus you are good with them word things...you know...sentences..

    Anyways....wanna join the Renegade Army??

    if so, fire me an email off at renfunk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been "blog surfing" myself lately when ive had chance,some days its awful,all dis n dat which drives me mad but there are some fab ones out there

    ReplyDelete