Friday, December 02, 2005

Sunshine on a rainy day.

Damn, it's been a wet, grey, dull day. But the sun is truly shining in my heart.

After a fraught few days at work, I feel I am now in a position to elaborate on what's been going on. It's been a little TOO sensitive to mention in the blog, but things have finally come to fruition.

Firstly, as you may or may not know, we had a major meeting on Tuesday, and it became patently apparent, that, although we are the team that will be doing all the work, they were wholly unprepared to hear us out.

We were being asked to do ridiculous amounts of work, which would mean doing probably eighteen hours a day for six or seven days a week for the next eighteen months, and believe me it would have been the most manic experience in the world.

We came away from the meeting, and our whole team of five decided we werer unprepared to unleash such a chaotic project on the business and formulated our plan, projecting what the errors with the current plan were, and the fact that we were not prepared to execute the project.

Management asked us to leave our suggestion with them and they would come back to us. We circumvented the project managers with our scheme and went to the top.

Today, the big cheese came back, and with a move straight out of Sun Tzu's Art Of War, began some sort of negotiation process, whereby, they left it with us, asking what we would require to execute the plan.

We retired to the canteen, to discuss the option of negotiation. By its very nature, entering into the process of negotiation, would of course mean that we could be bargained with, and of course we were being divided and conquered.

Eventually (two hours later) we decided we would make no demands, other than to say we were all leaving.

Ha ha, if we didn't kick Sun Tzu's ass right out of the ball park!!

I am now on my four weeks notice period.

They requested that we serve our notice in order that they might now draw upon our knowledge to formulate a new plan.

If only they hadn't ignored us in the first place, they could have saved a lot of grief. There comes a point in every day, when you realise, it doesn't matter how much they pay you, or what carrots they may offer, you do not HAVE to say ok!!

Result: We stuck together as a tight unit. Nobody backed down. Management for Dummies, and Sun Tzu could not beat us. Had we made any step towards negotiation, I am convinced we would have all lost. The battle may be lost, but the war is won!!

Officially I part company on the 30th December, but I have booked 23rd to the 30th as holiday!!

I have a sneaky suspicion that I already have another job!!

Dream your dreams, aim high, keep reaching.

Oh, one last thing.... I am totally disappointed that anyone felt there really was a shred of truth in yesterday's posting. Come on, this is the Fox you are talking about. Even after I displayed a disclaimer, some people really were fooled. Pinch and a punch only hurts your pride, but the pain is far greater than the physical, and you have to wait a whole month for a chance to regain the crown.

Welcome back Mr. And Mrs. Spice!!

Cool thing for today:

Would you have fallen foul?

6 comments:

  1. Even the greatest general has to sit with his trousers round his ankles at some point.

    And that's when you nail the bastard.

    Do you and Miche fancy an Iced Tea tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the best news i've heard all week! I wish i could have been a fly on the wall when they met to discuss your collective resignations LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep reaching for the stars casey kalem you ever seen him on late night usa music tv in his superb jumpers lol jeez thers nothing quite as bad as an severely old man in a big jet black syrup introducing iron maiden hahaha
    have a good weekend dude
    kev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. right thats my next blog chhers fox lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a contrast, sunshine in your heart and a gray, dull day with a promise of eighteen hours of work ahead.

    The true parallel world, a shiny rainy day, probably with a rainbow of hope.

    A rainbow is an apparently real object, but we can never reach it, do we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a while since my last visit. I know, shameful. Once again, excellent blog Fox. I see you're keeping things up just fine on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete