Coughs and sneezes....
... Spread diseases, catch them in your handkerchiefses.
I've got man-flu.... Sinuses jammed chock full, head full of winter goo. Lungs collapsing, nose refusing to function. The ladies amongst us would call this a cold. I call it avian flu.
Took a sick day from work... I hate doing that, but the perpetuation of one mans flu in an air conditioned environment is always my primary thought. I stayed home.
Tucked myself in, on the settee, and watched films...
Started with the Ealing classic - The Lavender Hill Mob - What a great British movie it is. I remember seeing it as a kid, and the bit where they run down the spiral stairs of the Eiffel Tower, still gives me giddy fits.
Then I watched a couple of episodes of Eerie Indiana, another favourite from my misspent youth. I watched the first two episodes, and must say, unlike most other nostalgic viewing, it really was as good as I remember it.
Closely followed by Rambo - First Blood. I really DO like this movie, it classic Stallone, where his speech is so unintelligible, that the dialogue is hard to follow. Plot unnecessary, action vital, and brutal. I fell asleep for part of it.
I played a bit of Gamecube, but found it hard to muster any concentration or enthusiasm.
Why do cigs taste so awful when you are ill?
Now I am watching Open Water, I've never seen it before, and can only describe it as Jaws meets Blair Witch... Very spooky and psychologically challenging.
Beechams powders have my name written on them, and I am off to bed.... No doubt to dream about bloody sharks and jellyfish!!
Cool thing for today:
You never know when this might come in handy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh oh...sorry to hear about your flu love...hopefully it will fly away soon :)
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself...here's a warm get well soon hug!
Do you find yourself facing a shark infestation? Getting tired of being nipped in the legs by aqgressive fish?
ReplyDeleteThen you need to own the Shark-O-Matic aquatic predator repellant. Booming out sonic waves the amazing Shark-O-Matic repels all household sharks but leaves the rest of the household unaffected.
For just $19.99 you can be free of the fear. Order the Shark-O-Matic today and we'll include the equally useful Octopus Obstacle at no extra cost.
Hope you feel better soon. I walked out on Open Water and I do not intend on ever finishing it. My nerves can't handle it. Shawn did have dreams about it for the next couple of nights. He said it was one of the more intense movies he has seen.
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about your flu...
ReplyDeletehope you feel better soon
hugs
kris
Teasle:Are you saying that 200 of our men are no match for your boy?! Trautman: You send that many you better remember one thing.Teasle:What?!Trautman:Agood supply of body bags!!
ReplyDeletewoohoo yeah baby lol.
hey fox i got the damn flu again meself honest no one beleives me though doh!
kev.
The Avian flu??? Same as the bird flu? They have us Americans scared out of our Calvins over that! I hope your man flu gets better!
ReplyDeleteevefading