Smoke and sparks....
Well, the weekend, like so many cheap fireworks, has long since been, and is now almost forgotten. Just like the foreworks, the thrill of setting up, and lighting a weekend, is often much more interesting than the ensuing face full of smoke and inevitable empty pocket.
I sound bitter and twisted... and it's true... I am!!
Didn't get much time to update the old blog (as predicted) so I will try to give you a 5 minute round-up on the events.
Friday... Work.... Went out for a couple of beers, and stumbled into a (usually quiet) bar which featured karaoke, and some sort of private party. It was overfilled, and difficult to get served. I had a bad back for some reason.
Saturday... Played a little Pogo. Went to a garden centre for a giant scone and a coffee. Bought fireworks. Met up with an old pal for some food and a beer. God bless Mr. Clegg. Played some Perudo. Played some Pogo.
Sunday... Got up. Bought a newspaper. Had some breakfast. Went for a walk in the woods. Made some bonfire toffee. Cooked some tea. Went to a bonfire (which was massive and the pub where it was happening had cars parked for about half a mile in every direction). Went to my mum's house and set all the fireworks off. Had a bath. Watched half of Pulp Fiction (AGAIN) and went to bed.
Makes for boring blogging, I know. Perhaps when I get a little more time to actually think, then I might get back to some more creative blogging?
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmm ..very dull bonfire night.
ReplyDeleteRemember those verses of Guy Fawkes?
"... By God's mercy he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Hip hip hoorah! ..."
Happy Halloween events.
Not as boring as mine matey, i cant even get on the net at home at the mo, best dash boss is coming.....
ReplyDelete