Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Robot monsters and sushi.

Samurai Jack is a cartoon from the Cartoon Network channel..... It features a samurai called Jack of course, who is trapped in the future, and must vanquish the evil wizard Aku, and find the time portal to travel back to his own time.

The cartoon features some of the richest manga inspired animation, and thrilling action which flashes between science fiction future, and feudal Japan, with the same ferocity that only brave Jack can muster.

I love the cartoon. It's an animated revolution in its own right. If you've never seen it, I suggest you try and catch a few episodes.

I liked it so much I bought the game for the Gamecube - what a surprise!! The game is a bit more sparse than the action packed firecracking cartoon, but it still features plenty of undead creatures, squirrel tree spirits, and kick ass kung fu to satisfy a fairly hungry appetite. It's a bit easy for a seasoned gamer such as myself, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

I'm enjoying far more than I am enjoying work, and that's for sure. Work took a very sinister twist for me today, the likes of which it tends to do approximately once every year. I have an ultimately sour taste in my mouth at the moment, and for reasons of confidentiality (I know I have colleagues who read my blog - even though they are only lurkers!!!!!) I can't really go into to it in any detail at this point in time. Suffice to say, I've been stitched up like a kipper!!

I am seriously considering a change in career, and have recently been drawn to the thought of pursuing a career in plumbing or some other trade. I think plumbers are a dying breed. As far as I can gather, there is a universal shortage of good plumbers, and they seem to have the resulting power to charge unimaginable sums for their services. Trade skills are good skills.

Who knows?? Watch this space.

Spice: My eyes are good... not that I had them tested recently, but I think I know when something's in focus still.

Rubber duck: Your story complies perfectly with my experience and would make a lot of sense, thanks for sharing the info.

Regan: I was just kidding around. Made you think though eh?

Kev: Glad you enjoyed the review, hope you enjoyed some extra visitors from my link... who knows you might make some new friends to tag?

Jen: I do all the cooking, and Michelle does all the baking, so I shall book some tickets directly.

Crystal: What happened to your lovely blog?? Stop by please and let us know how you are doing... I miss you.

Dave: Huddersfield is a town in the North of England. It's where I live, and is not reknowned for it subtlety!!

Right, it is time for me to post this blog, and head on over to Pogo to investigate the new badges and challenges for this week.... I think it's pinochle and poppit, so they shouldn't take too long.

Sayonara samurai!!

Cool thing for today:

Jack attack.

8 comments:

  1. Jack it all in and come to Canada, there's a definite shortage of Samurai Fox's over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shut things down because I just am not there right now. My blog had become a chore as of late instead of enjoyment. I have so much stess that I just have to eliminate a few things until I am back on track. I still will be checking in with you and the rest of our crew daily, but won't be posting my blog. I didn't keep my site up because I find it really annoying to go stop by a site and see the same old post again and again from weeks ago. A lot of the stuff I am going through, I can't post on my blog without getting myself in trouble so I can't really use it as therapy. I guess this is a blog in itself, sorry to take your space :)lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I keep asking Shawn and he SWEARS that you are really a totally different guy and that this really ISN'T his alter-ego posting... but I am still not convinced!

    He has been a huge fan of Samurai Jack since it first came out, and I enjoy it too, but the two of you could sit and talk about animation styles and graphical presentations, etc etc and my eyes would glaze over until I got bored and started interrupting your conversation to tell bad one liner jokes.

    :) I love being mentioned in your blog, so fun to see my name in print! lol

    xoxoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cows go 'moo' and the owls go 'whoo' while the sheep they just go 'baa'

    And the goats do too and so would you if they all climbed in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see Crystals comment,was wondering where she had gone too,will look forward to a brand new blog on time...
    Can see you as a plumber fox,not sure about how you'd cope with the initial pay drop though hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not seen Samurai Jack fella, but I'll take it upon recommendation! Bring your sword in and show us some moves at work! How does it compare to the Muppets? I'm all tingly excited as I've the series one box set on the way. There goes my social life for a couple of weeks as i've a date with a foxy little piggy!

    Anyway I'm not a lurker, I'm a shirker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    You're right. Samurai Jack is a fantastic cartoon! I like the idea of the change in Time and him having to find his way through it.
    Best wishes,
    ~ aria

    ps. I came across your blog from Kristine's space on msn

    ReplyDelete