Thursday, November 03, 2005

Resolution.....

1024 X 768

No, not that kind of resolution, but an autumnal one.... let's say I've turned over a new leaf!!

I resolve, before the readers of my blog as witnesses, to spend 30 minutes every night tidying up.

My house is a rapidly degenerating pigsty. I would be ashamed to allow anyone who doesn't already know me, to try to find a path through all the mess and debris, and bloody dusty junk everywhere.

For my 30 minutes tonight, I cleared the kitchen table. It's not a small table, but christ, it should not take 30 minutes to get back to the woodwork. Mountains of post, magazines, papers, rotting fruit, bags of sweets.... suffice to say, you could now eat your dinner off it, which is kind of ironic!!

I wish I was in New York with the spice party.... I bet they're having a blast.

Spent a good hour or two catching up with blogworld today. I've been and commented wherever appropriate... hope y'all enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy the wealth of diversity contained within all of yours.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend... along with my new resolution of housework, I am bound to get my paperwork done!! That will be a massive weight off my mind.

Dave (Bootjockey): Although Asteroids was good, the legendary but much less well known Space Duel was far superior.... 2 player simultaneous action with the two asteroid style ships joined together on a stick. The "rocks" from asteroids were replaced with geometric coloured vector shapes.... I am drooling just thinking about it. See the details here.

Kev: Welcome green elf!! Actually, yes I always was green elf (the archer), but last night when I was playing (because I didn't see a selection option) I think I was red warrior (the dude with the axes). Mebbe when I have a bit more practice and have cleaned the house some more, I could get you to come round for a proper old school gaming night??

Right, time to shuffle off, and prime the Gamecube... Michelle will be watching BBC's Bleak House.... mebbe I'll be nice and watch it with her, or maybe, just maybe, the lure of Need For Speed Underground 2 will be far too strong?

Cool thing for today:

Play ZX Spectrum classics online.... NOW!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good to catch up again.

    My hubby had the day off and spent a good portion of it playing computer games and now is off to see the movie Doom. I will tell you what, from experience, I do not think it is not fun to have to compete with games... Go sit with Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing Wheelie last night on the Speccy. Oh what joy. My fave ZX emulator is FUSE, I think it's originally a Linux project. Anyway, Jasper is good but there's not a brilliant amount of games available from there... Try http://www.zxsoftware.co.uk/ - There's a phenominal amount of spectrum stuff in there and not just games either, some of which you can play directly in the browser not unlike Jasper.
    So far I've been playing 3d Deathchase, TANX, Wheelie, Game Over, Skool Daze and Darkstar. I'm trying to rack my brains on which games I really liked so I can play them again, any ideas? I know you rocked at 'SPLAT!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww FoX...of course we love your blog. You're a great writer and I look forward to reading your entries every day. Clean-up resolution...good for you. And I agree with the others...make some time for Michelle. The gamecube can survive for an hour or two without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont be nice go play need for speed i'm sure michelle could be doing something productive like making the brews hehehe sorry foxes missus but the gaming must go on..
    Is defender amongst those glorious classics or that should be williams Scramble yeah baby top fairground 10p a play action.
    have a good un
    kev.

    ReplyDelete