Monday, November 28, 2005

Idiosyncrasy and vicissitude......

...... Had combined to stamp Arctic Fox as an exceptional being.

I am in a particularly verbose mood today. I cannot ascertain the exact reason why, but I think it stemmed from me wanted to embroider the word "lassitude" into my blog somewhere. I guess I just did. Mission accomplished.

In looking up the word, I came across a quotation, which tickled me.

"She felt aged, in deep lassitude and numb despair, and regretted not marrying Mai Dong before he left for the front."

Mai Dong??? Is this some kind of joke??

I started at the new office today, and it's doubled my travelling time. I no longer get to spend a precious twenty minutes at the kitchen table with Michelle before starting our respective journeys. I don't see the daylight. I don't get to see the first birds arriving to avail themselves of the tasty snacks we have provided.

I do get to sit in traffic jams. I do get to share a desk with someone. I do get to go to meetings where nobody will hear me out. I do miss all my friends I have left behind in Halifax.

Life's grand. Sarcasm intended!!

Today, we had our first snows of a winter which is predicted to be the coldest for between ten and twenty five years. I love snow, but love it better when I am tucked up at home with the heating on, and nowhere to go.

My enthusiasm for life is waning fast, and rapidly being displaced by dull, regretful lassitude!!

Strike 2!!

I have a five hour meeting to look forward to tomorrow.... Joy of joys 2pm to 7pm!! The project manager suggests we go for drinks afterwards too.... Well she can shove it where monkeys shove bad nuts!! I can't choose who I work with, I can't choose how this project is completed, I CAN choose who I socialise with. Pikachu, I choose you!!

I wore a pair of hunting/shooting pants to work today, and who knows, at this rate they may come in very handy by the end of the week when I go postal on all their asses!

Cool thing for today:

The monarchy in England are often considered superfluous. Think of the value to tourism they provide, is the usual retort. Well, all things considered, I have to wonder what value there really is.

4 comments:

  1. Hello squire how are those britches holding up under the stress lol....damn snow go away "dont like it" my tyres are bit yul brynerish very dodgy.
    I take it you dont want one of those geek leak bottles for xmas then fox hahaha.
    kev.
    p.s hows blue tack fox doing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A royal haiku

    Him, with mouth agape,
    Bring back Madame Guillotine:
    Palace tours, twelve pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting when u on form hun,sorry u dont like the new office but am looking forward to reading about it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made Shawn stop playing Star Wars Galaxies so that I could read your entire entry out loud to him. I had to stop often to get my laughing under control, which prolonged the reading quite a bit. Now my belly hurts. :)

    Have you decided to be a dolphin yet? I vote every day... have you ordered your flippers yet?

    ReplyDelete