I can't believe it's not.....
Friday!!
For a couple of hours tonight, I have been convinced that it is Friday night. The fact has just dawned on me, that it is in fact Thursday. What a crushing blow!!
Work is so all-consuming at the moment, I can't possibly empty it from my mind. We have a big meeting on Tuesday next week, to plan the move forward. I did some quick figures today, to plan out how much work each of us will have to handle between January and July next year. I can conclusively say, there is not a person alive, nor that has ever lived, that could possibly get through the work we have to do.
It's blatantly impossible. Project managers, for some reason, do not understand this concept. Bless their cotton socks.
I am still hoping that someone, somewhere, is going to see sense over this project, and stop and replan it all.
On the flipside, I enjoy Fridays, and tomorrow will be no exception. As a farewell salute to the rest of the team that I (and the rest of the team that are moving with me next week) have been working with for between one and three years, we are going out for a pub lunch, and then out after work for some Halifax style knees-up action. I imagine it will be quite a silly evening.
I need to immerse myself in some serious video game action to numb my mind a bit. I am losing sleep, have lost my appetite, and am rapidly losing the will to live. I know work isn't the only thing in life, and that it shouldn't bother me as it is doing, but if I can just hang in there a bit longer, then I am sure everything will be ok.
Snow is coming..... Northern Scotland have had some today, and the rest of England is promised at least a "taste" over the next day or so.
George Best is on the brink of death... Bless him and his precocious talents. He isn't expected to last another day, and it's a shame.
Today I managed to complete the remainder of my 2004 Pogo badges. I have now completed all the badges that were issued in 2003 and 2004, and there are only 5 left from this year.... Only a few more weeks, and I can start helping Michelle get hers... She has hundreds left to go!!
Right, am gonna have a quick fish, and am off to bed.
Cool thing for today:
I need a holiday, and I love the look of this place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OK - you've convinced me with the house in Goa - are we all going head there for the remainder of the bad weather?
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful vacation destination, if you do actually go, PLEASE PLEASE take lots of pictures!
ReplyDeleteI hope that everything starts to settle down with work. I am thinking about you a lot in that regard. When I worked I used to always tell myself that I had a handle on it and could keep it in the proper perspective... looking back I realize how much I let it dictate my entire life. Your tombstone won't mention what company you slaved away at, hon.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
xxxx AuntieJen-the worrywart blogger... :P
hey!
ReplyDeleteyou should go to this place...it looks so quiet and peaceful.
have fun
hugs
kriss
Hey luv...chin up. Go have a great time today and just roll with next week...no use worrying about it from now! That place in india looks cool...maybe you should seriously consider it! Of course this should be where I do my part for country and shamelessly plug the Caribbean as a much better idea.....
ReplyDeleteOh, you touched it...come on, Fox...TOUCH THE MONKEY!!! TOUCH THE MONKEY, FOX!!! Good little monkey-toucher... :-)
ReplyDelete-David //BootJockey