Saturday, July 12, 2025

otter

 Melting into the fabric of the settee again.

Today was about survival in the heat..... the curtains remained firmly shut, and the lounge bathed in half-light.  A seasonally warm breeze occasionally billowing the calico drapes.

A friend came a calling today.... bearing gifts..... beer!!

Now, this is a coincidence, because last night was the first time i've touched any alcohol since the dog ended my footballing career.

Last night i sipped on a very fine ouzo, on ice.... it was delicious.  Sweet and fiery aniseed.

If i'm honest, i haven't actually drunk much beer since my career in the industry ended abruptly as January turned into February.  If i'd chosen some beer to drink though.... well, my mate did a stand up job in guessing which beers i'd be choosing.... he really did a good job and i am super grateful.

Before noon today we were sharing a can of the imaginatively titled Obi Wan Cannoli from Brew York.

Brew York, as you might imagine is a brewery based in the city of /York, and i've been to their brewery tap and i love their accomplished beers and the well thought out names.  This beer was a 7.5% stout, which has the flavours of the Italian dessert.... chocolate, vanilla, and hazelnut.. it was a superb thing to be sipping pre lunch time!!

We chatted for a while and Sookie joined in the conversation a little too often!

Played a little bit of Pokémon.

After Dawn had finished work and my mate wended his weary warm way back to Leeds.....

Watched a bit of Tour De France

Watched an Ealing comedy

Saturday, boxed off.... might have some rum this evening!

Here's a vintage postcard of Outlane.  I stole the image and badly photoshopped some crap out of to make it look less "stolen",,,, this is showing what was the Wagon and Horses pub and the paper shop, and the old school house.

10 comments:

  1. It was good to catch up, thanks for the eggs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always a pleasure..... so say buckbeak and bella!

      Delete
  2. "Obi Wan Cannoli from Brew York" -- as a pun aficionado, I appreciate this wordplay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink alcohol, but I wouldn't mind tasting chocolate vanilla and hazelnut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was quite boozy at 7.5% but you can forgive that if you split a can with a friend, of course!

      Delete
  4. A translation of Sookie's barking would probably read, "Look at me! I put that frigging skinhead on the sofa mate! Yes. It was me! And don't tell me to stop barking! I need a biscuit. Liver-flavoured. Now!" But what I would like to know is how the hell Sookie took the kettle off the stove after Polly had put it on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she didn't take it off at all just just paws'ed it!! wah wah wah waaaaaah

      Delete
  5. When I have cause to go to the off licence I buy Husband a chocolate stout that he likes, but mostly he's a Hobgoblin ruby man. sounds like a good friend you had calling in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i don't have a lot of friends but the ones i have are quality!!

      Delete