Sunday, July 06, 2025

bashing

 Today was a day i was sort of scheduled to go out bashing the Himalayan balsam near Hebden Bridge.

Turns out:

a) it was raining

b) I can't walk

So the bashing date was well and truly "off the cards".

So, instead.....

I lay on the sofa, with my back aching and my knee brace steadily pressing on the scar tissues in my knee.

A day of uncomfortable, mild pain.

Even the self-administered injection in my midriff didn't phase me today.

Don't seem to have had much time or inclination to even watch a half hour tv show, never mind a movie.

Managed an hour or so of the tour de France but it didn't light me up.

Even the lure of Pokemon "community day" could raise a smile.

I'm not sad..... i'm kinda neutral..... nonplussed...... in limbo.....

I have set myself a little technical project to replace the "streaming" software that i used to use to watch all my movies seeing as it packed up this week..... so i've got something going on at least.

Hope everyone had a good weekend......

Stole another nice postcard off a famous auction site.... this time a photo of Scammonden Clough which was probably taken before the valley was flooded and the M62 was built across the dam wall....  I imagine this photo was somewhere between the head of what is now Scammonden Dam, and Deanhead Reservoir.

14 comments:

  1. Hopefully other volunteers went out and bashed Himalayan balsam on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some rain here today but it doesn't seem to be cooling down the heat and humidity, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. think the rain is short lived and we're set for a warmer spell..... i actually like the rain and we deffo need a bit more round here to fill the reservoirs and give the moors and the moss a wetting

      Delete
  3. I am often in that neutral can't be bothered state myself. I should be out doing stuff, walking etc, but I sit in my pyjamas reading and watching stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think we've all earned a bit of that!! I won't apologise for doing it :)

      Delete
  4. It's probably boredom settling in. That postcard is interesting, now the landscape has been reshaped into a reservoir and the small ravine lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bit of boredom.... bit of stress..... bit of frustration.... bit of lack of control...... a whole heap of bits

      Delete
  5. If you've got time on your hands you can sort my 365 account!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know how frustrating that can be and they're not very easy for someone else to sort out because of all the security.... feel your pain though

      Delete
  6. Chin up….you sound a little overwhelmed my friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's the halfway point between hospital visits i guess.... am getting a bit stressy and short tempered too.... it'll pass

      Delete
  7. I wonder if they bash Hebden Bridge balsam in The Himalyas? A big jigsaw would use up several hours and you could read "The Gallows Pole" by Ben Myers if you haven't already read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the instructions i have are to spend the time horizontal with leg elevated... i.e. with the knee typically, lying higher than my heart.... i have no idea how to achieve this and it does preclude the suggestion of a jigsaw, one of which i've already declined a donation of! I really need some motivation..... but obviously not too much - it's a balancing act

      Delete