scratchin' my 'ead this morning.
Counting down the timer to 8am is quite usual for me..... it's the point where an event timer ticks over on one of the games i play and we start a new day.....
While i wait for the cuckoo to stick his 'ead out the door and announce the hour, i amuse myself with a string of puzzles.....
First up is Wordle, yes we all know it and we've all played it if not are still playing it. It was a tricky one today and i do play it on the hard setting where you can't just fire random letters at it. Took me five today i think. Hard!
Idoku - it's a soduko... i always say it wrong.... no matter how many years i've been doing them sudoku? soduko? godzilla? godzuki? Anyways the one in the "i" newspaper has a pink letter "i" in the grid which also counts as one of the nine-number-boxes..... took me thirty minutes today which is pretty good but i did make a mistake halfway through and have to backtrack quite a bit..... so i am calling hard and/or careless.
Then Murdle.... if you haven't tried it then i suggest you do, it's a good brain stretch..... perhaps today isn't the day to try it 'cos it was excruciatingly difficult for my limited grey matter.... i failed today's puzzle, which is quite rare! i consoled myself by easily completing today's mini-murdle which in fairness is strictly for beginners.
And, before you know it..... Dawn's catered for my dietary needs for the day, and buggered off out to work..... just me and the dog, hangin' loose..... eyeing each other suspiciously across the lounge until 6pm when Dawn will walk through the door and we'll all feel safe again.
Here's another cool, vintage postcard off that auction site.
Sounds like you are all set up for an exciting, action-packed day in the fox's lair. I am at 98% on Wordle but I will give mini-murdle a go.
ReplyDeletehow did the murdle go?
DeleteIt's not how my brain works Foxtrot - that problem solving stuff isn't my cup of tea. I prefer words or facts. That's just who I am.
Deletebe boring if we all liked same thing innit?
DeleteEe-by-gum!
DeleteI used to play Wordle but then the NY Times locked me out of their site.
ReplyDeletethe cheeky beggars - i use me facebook login for access to the wordle site
DeleteHave you tried Connections? It's very American but sometimes I get there by um, what's it called? everything else is taken so it has to be?
ReplyDeleteProcess of elimination, thank you.
is this the one on the NYT website as well? i gave it a go and failed miserably.
DeleteI'm Dill the dog, I'm a dog called Dill. I'm rather small and furry, and often in a hurry…
ReplyDeleteI'm a very friendly lion called Parsley, I am always very glad to see you wave. But please don't shout or speak to me too harshly, because I'm not particularly brave.
DeleteI actually pay a couple of pounds a month to the NYT which is not a lot. There is also Waffle which is quite simple (Waffle Unlimited).
ReplyDeletei'll have a look but i already have an online newspaper subscription thanks
DeleteI love this postcard! Lovely illustration!
ReplyDeletethanks
Delete