Monday, March 03, 2025

what goes around

You've heard me say... "I've walked the Calderdale way".

You've seen pictures of the logo of the Calderdale Way.....

Well.... just cos I walked it doesn't mean everyone walked it.... and of the whole fifty mile walk, Dawn missed three of the days..... so we're going out of our way to complete the missing sections.

The section in question today was the very first section we walked back in August....  in August it was hot, the days were long, and I had no idea about time, space, distance, or sun cream.

So, off we trotted, me, Dawn, and the dog......

Starting at Norland Moor, and walking to Cragg Vale.

Cold and windy start, along the edge of Norland Moor, and down the Old Bank into Ripponden.

Over the top and down to Mill Bank where we stopped by the river for something to eat.

Long climb up to the disused reservoir at Flints and across past the Operation Starfish remnants.

Traverse the ridge above the long drag of Cragg Vale before descending to the valley floor and collecting the car from the Hinchcliffe Arms.

Circa  eight miles across the valleys and hills of the south western section of the circular fifty mile circuit.

I found it quite easy today, but when we got back Dawn went and spent the rest of the day working in the garden.... I don't know where she gets the energy....  she did 31k steps today!

the route

the photos:


2 comments:

  1. I like hearing about long rambling walks in decent countryside areas. I'd prefer to do them myself but unless there are toilets available along the way, I'll be staying home, me and my pea-sized bladder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am also of a certain age where the comfort of one's own convenience is an attractive proposition...... i can generally navigate my way round my local area by all the lamposts i've "claimed"

      Delete