Thursday, March 27, 2025

The Grim!

Haven't felt poorly for .... since..... i don't even know when i was last poorly.

Last night i started to get a bit restless.  Spent the whole night tossing and turning and wrestling with my active mind..... Go to sleep..... No, you go to sleep..... i said it first, so you go to sleep.....  oh, this is getting us nowhere...... oh. an interview with Bryan Cranston about the returning episodes of Malcolm in the Middle......  i need a wee.....  is the heating on..... i'm hot..... i can hear the heating running....... why is the heating on...... go feel the radiator..... the heating isn't on....... my arm is cold but my leg is hot....

You, very much, get the idea.....

It was a tussle.

I finally got out of bed this morning at the usual time but pulled a sickie from volunteering.....

Felt spaced out, tired, had some aches..... a chesty cough..... generally, and genuinely, run down.

I think the whole redundancy thing is finally catching up with me.

I've possibly used copious amounts of volunteering as a distraction while i work out which way is up, but it's finally hitting home and the nine years of supreme effort at Magic Rock Brewery have taken their toll, and the disentanglement from that has, finally sunk in.

Mentally, and physically, i'm pretty exhausted..... i've been running on empty.

Called in sick, and gave myself a day of self-care.... which generally amounted to.... not very much......

I watched a little bit of a cowboy movie as i flip-flopped in and out of the edge of sleep like an opium den punter drifting to and fro on the shores of a dreamy reality.

If you've ever heard the saying... "he doesn't know if he's on this earth or fullers".... then it's a fairly good description of my state of mind today.

Enjoyed the sun on my face as i drank a cup f tea.

Simple things, and just a bit of time to let things happen.... let my head and my soul take whatever it needs, in order to reboot.

And that, as they say, is a wrap!

Hope tomorrow sees me getting back to myself..... i REALLY hope i'm not coming down with an actual illness.

By way of explaining what happened yesterday and the "pointless" and "QI" question.... here are the 16 contestants that the young people could not identify.....  see if you know any?

11 comments:

  1. I hope you can get in a lot more self-care to recharge your batteries! I must confess that I do not know any of the pictured people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all well known faces in british comedy/panel shows - feeling a bit better today - thanks

      Delete
  2. The only thing I know about Fuller's earth is that is features quite prominently in The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb. Some kind of clay that was used for processing textiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. listened to the audiobook recently!!

      Delete
    2. Excellent! Clive Merrison who does the BBC Radio ones is my favourite Holmes.

      Delete
  3. I don't know a single one of those people in the squares. Sorry to hear you are feeling "off" and hope by now you are back to normal. i have days and nights like that, usually when I've been over doing things pretending I'm still young and fit. Or when I've lost sleep because the neighbours are noisy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - feeling a bit better today - so hopefully prepared for whatever comes next - thanks

      Delete
  4. Vaguely recognised about three but don't watch regular television, family does though and they would be able to name names. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks thanks - yeah - definitely better today - a day of doing nowt has really helped

      Delete
  5. I find it strange that I can identify Romesh Ranganathan despite never once having seen anything that he's appeared in. I suppose that illustrates the enormous power of the publicity machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does and he has been in a lot of things.... and he has done local comedy shows, so maybe you've seen posters for some of those?

      Delete