Wednesday, November 01, 2006

V

Finally got around to watching V for Vendetta. Ever since the comics came out in 1988, this story has troubled my tiny, fragile mind. I couldn't imagine it being a very good movie.

I'm happy to say that my memory of the comic - which basically amounts to a great deal of psychological torture, in a concentration camp setting - was not translated into the film. The film skipped around the torture quite cleanly.

I DO have a gripe with Natalie Portman's acting abilities though. She really is very poor. In fact she hasn't done anything good since the film Leon! She should never have been let out of the pizza parlour where she was "discovered".

Grumble over!

Trick or treat?

We had one sole visitor last night. A small girl, alone, wandered up to my door and knocked. I swung open the door, and she uttered the words "trick or treat?". This was her first mistake.

"Trick" I promptly replied.....

The girl looked shocked....

"Trick or treat?" she mumbled, visibly shaken.

"Look, by asking the question, we are entering into a verbal contract. I either give you a treat or you give me a trick. I'm giving you nothing, and you're not leaving until I see your trick".

She started to sob, and turned from the door.

I grabbed her arm before she could make good her escape.

"Show me the trick!!" I screamed.

She didn't know what to do..... "Look, you either have a trick for me, or you had no business in offering me the deal in the first place. Now you either show me the trick, or I'm taking all those sweets off you" I growled.

She handed me the sweets, and ran away crying.

"Bloody kids" I muttered, emptying the stolen bag onto my kitchen table.

At least it's just once a year....

Humbug!

3 comments:

  1. Are these new goodies going to be used to top up in the ever decreasing sweety bucket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...
    thanks for the laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not a kid in your neighbourhood, you big meanie. Have you forgotten those poisonous rolos of long ago?!! Now that would have been a trick!!

    ReplyDelete