Monday, September 25, 2006

I am, waiting for the man....

The man with a van... and on that van is my brand spanking new HD ready CRT widescreen telly.

8:00am - I am waiting......

9:30am - and waiting........

10:00am - resorted to cleaning and sorting out junk.....

10:20am - Pogo procrastination.....

10:41am - Pogo frustration boils over - more cleaning......

11:30am - Cleaned all the bird feeders and refilled as necessary.....

12:46pm - Drunk too much coffee - made more mess than I've tidied - Playing Pogo and sulking.....

12:59pm - Cryptic phone call from the man with the van - "I'm giving you a call about an hour before I arrive" - I explain that I am eagerly awaiting his arrival, and he says "I'll be there in half an hour" - Go figure!!

2:02pm - I am watching Karate Kid on my new telly - I've got a bad back - 58Kg TV is NO joke on your own. The picture has too much colour and it seems a bit ghosty,so I guess I'll have to spend a few hours reading the manual and tweaking it. Seems ok for the money.

4:37pm - Karate Kid 2 - Waiting for the final piece of my televisual extravaganza to arrive. At least the wait isn't too painful now I have a TV to watch - The associated cables should be here soon. Couriers - Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

The wisdom of Fox states that: By its very definition, Bed and Breakfast comprises of two equally important parts. No matter how good the breakfast may be, if you are situated in a room which is directly below, and separated by thin floors, to which are kept a pair of insomniac, incontinent elephants, then at least half of the equation is sadly out of balance. I shan't name names, because I am sure that St John's Lodge in Windermere are already painfully aware of their flimsy walls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment