Thursday, September 28, 2006

Does it get much better?

Lately, I have a lot of stress in my life. It's difficult sometimes to keep juggling all the balls, all the time. Sometimes you feel like you need a rest from it. In my case, taking a rest from it, generally means there's twice as much to do when I get back to it.

So, the dark mood descends, and I get into a spiral. I think everyone that knows me, knows I have very high highs, and very low lows. It's just something you have to deal with.

Yesterday, I was dragged out of my spiral by a series of sweet events.

The first great thing that happened, was that my new phone arrived. The old phone has been a weight around my neck for some time, to the extent that I don't even bother switching it on, or even using it any more. I love new toys!! (for reference - I have switched from an absolutely awful "O2 xda mini S" to a lovely Nokia 6280).

The second thing, was a birthday present, which was delivered to my mum's house. A present so unique and insightful. Thanks to Pol, and the two Chrisses, I am now the very very proud owner of an extremely fine pair of bongos. I drove everyone and everything mad with my ensuing drumming frenzy.

The third piece of smiling fortune that graced my door, was a big fat cheque from the local council, by way of a rebate for overpaid council tax - no less than £800 (that's about $1500 to my American chums).

I went out for a meal, and the good things kept coming. Amazingly, when I asked for a box of matches at the bar, they refused to accept payment. The Guinness was superb, and came complete with shamrock on the top and delivered to the table. The meal was great, and they undercharged me for it. I pointed out their error, and they insisted that we "forget" this minor issue. Bargain.

And so, mood elevated, ready to start juggling again....

THE FOX IS BACK!

4 comments:

  1. let the good times roll again Mr. FoX.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your tax refund.
    A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.
    This blog is a happy reading....

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW the good old Fox is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your name 'Earl'?! Or is it just good karma...?!

    ReplyDelete