Thursday, August 07, 2025

action

 Cut my hair....

Trimmed the beard.....

Had a shower......

Almost back to the land of the living......

Apart from a really crappy Ealing comedy i endured today, that's enough action for one day!

Here, as a world premiere, is my first piece of crochet.....  i only learned this week, so this is literally my learning, sample, first piece..... i know it looks a bit ropey but you get the idea.......  it's not meant to be anything other than learning how to do the stitches.....

12 comments:

  1. Well, I am impressed with your crocheting. Not something I have ever done. Could you make me a beige cardigan with leather buttons? Brown kid leather elbow patches would also be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start at crocheting! I never learned to crochet, although I did learn basic knitting skills when I was an adolescent. My first knitting project (slippers) was an utter, utter disaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks..... not sure i'll ever crochet anything useful or any sort of item..... but i've almost got it worked out now..... at least the basic bits

      Delete
  3. My daughter learned to crochet via youtube and I have several lovely scarves with slightly wonky edges. She's currently working on a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the wonky edges that make them "craft" of course...... the wealth of material available on youtube is staggering isn't it

      Delete
  4. Keep it up, the craftwork I mean. First attempts always show certain faults. But it helps, whether knitting or crocheting, to calm the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once i worked out how to hold everything..... like how it works for ME specifically.... it wasn't too stressy..... might take a well before it's "relaxing" though

      Delete
  5. I am VERY impressed. I have never been able to get the hang of crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't say i've ever actually thought about it before but it's not too difficult.... takes a while working out how to hold the yarn..... hold your work..... what the tensions should feel like..... it's all practice innit

      Delete
  6. One step at a time
    I’m learning that my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soon have your own Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete