Wednesday, August 06, 2025

yawn

 Feeling too tired to do anything today.

Felt cold in the night....

Dawn woke up with a migraine and i gingerly schlepped around the house trying not to disturb her while she had a little lie in, while she tried to shift the demon from behind her eyes.

Stumbling round the kitchen, trying to make a flask full of fresh coffee for the very reason that i can't carry a cup whilst wielding a pair of crutches)..... i grab a bread bag and stick a couple of slices of toast into the grill.....

Woof..... woof woof...... woof woof woof.... woooof wooof wooofowoofoo foewofoow fofeoowofowofo wfowofwofowof wowfowofwoofwo

I look out of the window to see one of our "neighbours" leaning over the garden gate talking to my rabid hound......  It's not quite eight o clock in the morning and if that dog lived next door to me i'd be reaching for the voodoo doll!

Oblivious to the early hour and the incessant barking, our neighbour continues to bemuse the animal....  i'm shouting the dog, trying to grab the crutches. balance the coffee, the toast..... get things under control......

By the time i get to the threshold, Roy's already disappearing down the road after winding the dog up for five minutes....  i scold the dog and she immediately climbs into her crate and looks at me with sad eyes.

I bag up my marmite on toast..... my flask of coffee, and a mug.....  put the bag round my neck and hop across to the stairs to head for the lounge.....

Here's a throwback picture of Dawn..... we'd climbed the path at Grey Mare's Tail near Moffat in Scotland, to swim in Loch Skeen..... it was very windy and the swimming was tough, but it was extremely memorable..... this was in-between bloody covid lockdowns, so holidays were thin on the ground..... we loved Moffat by the way..... Sep 23rd 2020 - this was taken post-swim, hence all the clothing and stuff.... trying to warm back up for the descent.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. some of them, yes.... i often have dog envy!!

      Delete
  2. Which fashion magazine does Dawn get her ideas from? The lemon coloured coat with the woolly bobble hat is a sexy combination in my humble opinion. I assume you wore matching gear as devoted male partners are wont to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of our outdoor gear choices are made out of necessity rather than fashion..... and of course, when you're out walking, it's always advisable to wear summat bright in case there's a need for someone to find you!! It was not such a cold day but the need to warm up after the swim was strong!! I probably was running around in shorts and tshirt cos i am from yorkshire, mate!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. isn't it the best thing? I've tried many different varieties of marmite.... the truffle marmite was the best!!

      Delete
  4. Wild swimming is a brave affair in this country. But I bet it is freezing cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was in Scotland and it was September and it wasn't too cold..... the water was whipped up by the wind though which made swimming challenging :)

      Delete
  5. Icy water swimming???? I'm cold just thinking about it and I have the heating on here.
    I hope the early morning woof session didn't make Dawn's migraine worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cold is the thing that we like.... it's quite rewarding getting in and out of cold water.... it's a bug/addiction..... highly recommend the experience..... as for the dog, of course it annoyed her :(

      Delete
  6. Good to see Dawn! I have friends who swim in the sea all year. Not for me I'm afraid, so well done to you.

    ReplyDelete