...... in every way, I am getting better and better.
Managed a sleep-in this morning. Got up at about 8:30ish.
Bit of a Baileys induced hangover.
Am going out dancing tonight.... The weather is a bit cruel, and there are only buses back from Manchester, so I might have to take the option of driving it. Never something I enjoy on a night out, but it's probably the best option, and I am sure my head will thank me in the morning.
I bought a christmas tree yesterday. An artificial one, and it was a bit of a bargain. I am usually a total humbug at christmas, but thought I would make the effort.
Tried putting the tree together today, and lo and behold, it comes in forty.... yes four zero.... parts. Bloody hell. I wrestled it for an hour or more, and called in the reinforcements. My mum came round and helped me finish off. It looks quite good, but now there's artificial snow and fake pine needles all over the house. Makes me realise I need to go out and buy a few more decorations.... looks a bit isolated as the only festive item in the house.

My sebaceous cyst is flaring up again. This is a long running story, and it's about two years since I had it cut out of my face, by what can only be described as the "butcher of Huddersfield". I knew he had made a mess of it.... and now.... bloody hell it is well sore!!
I am (predictably) on a Pogo bender!! I am badging like crazy this week.
I finished a 1000 piece jigsaw this week.... Snow White and the seven dwarves.... Not sure what to make of jigsaws, there's something unholy about them, but I can honestly say it's been a comulsive mix of pleasure and pain.... as my back can testify.

Spice - How are you fixed in January for me to come and see you? Would it be ok? Let me know if it would be alright please.
Have you looked in my guestbook lately? Who the heck is "aaa" - They leave a lot of comments in there, but I can't decipher them.... there's a prize for anyone that can.
Post update update: New polling booth - New music - Updated my "This season I will be mostly" section - Updated polling archive.
Hello there. Beautiful tree. I need to get a tree though since all the decorations are still in storage and would be a nightmare to get to I may hold off this year. Have you had any snow yet? We have gotten our first snow of the season.
ReplyDeleteCher
im loving the tree mate. weve got one outside in a bucket. its not coming in the house until the 12th day! barrrrrrrrrrrr humbug
ReplyDeleteI like your tree. I was just blogging about Christmas and hurrah for celebrations, etc etc. It reminded me of your talk of bah-humbug last year and I had to stop in and see how you were fairing. Aside from the cyst (ouch!) I'd say your Christmas spirit is coming along nicely this year. Suggestion: get one of those big Christmas tree duffle bags to store it in so that you don't have to take it apart and then put it back together next year. Those bags are a sanity saver!
ReplyDeleteJen