i've signed on.
in fact, i signed on.... some time ago..... on the 4th of Feb.... i was advised.....
<quote>
You’ve submitted your New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) application.
You submitted your application on: 04/02/2025
What happens next
We will process your application and keep you updated on its progress.
<end quote>
And so you may join me in your surprise that ten days later, i have still not heard ANYTHING!
I feel sorry for the people who really need it cos it'd be very stressful indeed. Anyone would think they didn't want you to claim that to which you are entitled.
Anyways, as i said at one point today.... onwards and ....... onwards!
I have, on this very day, been "reprofiling" the moorland.
It's like painting the Forth Bridge using peat, heather and hammers.
Essentially we were turning eroded banks of peat that run alongside streams into shallow slopes that run alongside streams. The tools for this particular job were lump hammers and tampers. Heavy metal swinging, in chain-gang style while singing cotton-grass picking songs at the top of our lungs.
Bloody hard work to be fair..... bloody hard work...... bloody endless task...... but the camaraderie and fresh air were the best medicine for someone looking for their path in life.... i.e. me!
I'm knackered.....
I saw a kingfisher this morning darting along the canal before we started work...... and i spent the day amongst grouse and geese..... it tried to snow on us and at one point i went to view a hummock of assorted sphagnum mosses.
here's a photo of a kingfisher...... i know, right?

I think this is a more successful photo than my attempts on the Nidd. I think I see it in a tree on the left-hand side?
ReplyDeleteyou are right - it is definitely there and i felt i was much closer than this photo makes out - shame
Delete"No more auction block for me!
ReplyDeleteNo more! No more!"
And on the arctic moors above Huddersfield, the jobseekers swing their hammers in unison. Northern England in 2025.
BrOkeN BritAiN
DeleteJust so you know (I looked it up!)….
ReplyDelete‘The kingfisher is an overwhelmingly positive symbol. In almost every tradition, this bird indicates beauty, virtue, and good things to come.’
sweet - lets hope this is true!
DeleteNothing from JSA, Nothing from the redundancy service, no redundancy letter, I am sensing a bit of a theme! No surprise on any of them. Good to see you've been out and about and busy.
ReplyDeletefunnily enough, i just got a letter from jsa to say they are still on with it and asking ME to record everything I'VE done about it..... bit like the students asking their teacher where THEIR homework is!!
DeleteI just got an email saying they have started looking at it about 3 minutes ago! Haha.
ReplyDeletei got an appointment on monday now - they don't give you much choice.... what if i was doing summat monday?
Delete