The first day of....
Well, to be honest, I am not sure I know what this is the first day of.
I guess it could just be the first day of December?
It could even be the first day of advent, when all the kids get to open the first door of that calendar that's been beckoning from the kitchen sideboard for a week or more. They get to eat a chocolate robin or christmas tree.
On a deeper note, this could very well be the first day of a new chapter in the book of Fox. Today I am officially unemployed. My contract has ended and I don't really have the desire to go looking for another one. I don't even have an up-to-date CV!!
It's no surprise that my contract ended, it's been coming for a while. I have made no plans, no provision, no road to follow. This is a deliberate measure, like Luke Reinhart, let us see how the dice fall, and fall they did.
7:45am - Day 1 of unemployment, and the first morning where nothing would phase me. I turn over in bed, pull the covers a little tighter around my shoulders, and drift back into deep sleep.
7:46am - Bang.... Crash.... Smash
7:47am - I am standing outside the bathroom, surrounded by blood, broken glass, hair products, skin products, candles, and shock.
The bathroom cabinet has detached itself from the wall, and spilled its overladen stomach full of cosmetics, asunder.
If this is an omen for the new chapter of my life, then I am starting to be a little afraid.
Friday, December 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well thats not the best start to a new life mate...
ReplyDeleteAh! Come on, yer bugger. If I can up sticks and start a new life across the ocean, so can you. Perhaps it's time you took time out and came for a visit. Better bring your woolies, though, the weather is just about to take a turn for the worse.
ReplyDelete