Tuesday, December 16, 2025

knot

 Dog toys... ever noticed them?

A popular dog toy is a twisted rope, with knots at either end..... tough, tog-o-war type toys that dogs love to use to yank your arm out the socket.

One such toy was in Sookie's mouth yesterday..... she practiced her death rattle and shook her head from side to side with abandoned ferocity......

The knot on the rope twatted me squarely on the metal plate running down the shinbone..... no muscle or fat to cushion the blow, just skin, and metal and a ropey knot travelling two parsecs an hour.

One tiny moment.....

The world went dim as my eyeballs steamed up, and for a brief moment i could smell colours that have not yet been discovered.

The end!

Or is it?  Here is a photo of a bad crimp..... these are manual crimps that are fairly unskilled in their application but this is so ugly..... we would never have prepared a pallet like this under my tutelage!

4 comments:

  1. "The world went dim as my eyeballs steamed up, and for a brief moment i could smell colours that have not yet been discovered." Hahahahaha, so descriptive!

    I think you need to seriously ask yourself whether your dog is trying to kill you. Really, this is the second attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like when I tried to tie a ribbon round a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I loved your description of that obviously very painful experience. I could actually 'see' the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never realised that owning a dog could be so dangerous and I thank you for that revelation. Should I ever wish to adopt a pet, I will avoid dogs and consider stick insects in a tank instead. Much safer.

    ReplyDelete