It's definitely autumn, innit? (in Yorkshire, anyways)
We've obviously "fallen back" in chronological terms, as dictated by the anecdotal farmers of yore.
Thus, it's bloody dark all day now.
Well.... i've landed a little part time job that runs up until Christmas... so i'll be out of the house and packing stinky dog treats for a few days a week.
Am currently "on hold" with the department of work and pensions to tell them to cancel the small benefit i receive for being unfit to work..... i've been listening to the same piano riff for twenty one minutes and fifty-seven seconds until now..... this could go on for some time.....
I mean, it doesn't exactly inhibit the process of benefit fraud when i can't get through to cancel a benefit..... just saying!
Four days a week right up until Christmas eve.....
Now, when i add it all up, and consider the very meagre benefit i am claiming, you probably work out that i'm working for about a fiver a day but it's a step and a process i need to go through if i am ever to halt the downward spiral into full hermitship!
Thank you for waiting.... we know that you are waiting to speak to an agent and will put you through as soon as we can......
i once had delusions of writing a book about these old railway carriages that you find dotted across the countryside.... are they railway carriages? How come there are so many of them? Why do they all seem to be roughly the same age? Did we hive off a load of rolling stock at some point? I dunno..... the book would largely be a photographic thing just showing them and where they are now....
Thirty minutes and forty second.....

ReplyDeletegood luck with the job, your dog will obviously approve if you bring some home.
It's pleasing to learn that your career has taken a new direction - doggy treats packer. Are you sure you are properly qualified? I mean I don't ever remember you saying you had a City and Guilds qualification in doggy treat packing. As for those railway carriages - they get everywhere don't they?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your temp job -- will be great to be out of the house and active again now that your knee is good to go!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to be Santa!
ReplyDeleteYour dod will be popular.
ReplyDeleteThe railway carriages were sold off as a result of the Dr Beeching Report closing down thousands of miles of local railway lines therefore they were not needed. |Good news about the new job.
ReplyDeleteJane
That does look like an old railway carriage and I think they were sold off and many were used as barns. I have the same phone trouble here when I ring housing maintenance, easily 40 minutes on the phone then the battery goes flat. I sent a complaining email, twice. The next time I needed to call, the phone was answered in six minutes, I was so surprised! but the problem I phoned about is still not attended to, not fixed. I phoned six weeks ago....
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new job. You'll be like an elf for doggie Santa ππ
ReplyDeleteI rang a helpline yesterday and was given an estimate of 3 hours 40 minutes wait time! I didn't bother. π
ReplyDeleteAre you dead?
ReplyDeletethis blog is :D
Delete