Happy 500th Blogger posting to me!!
Last week I went for a walk. We had a few really frosty mornings, and I decided to head along the towpath from Slawit to Marsden.... it's a lovely place to be in allsorts of weather or if I am on foot or the bike.... it's still a classy bit of countryside.
Here's a few pics from that walk (20th Feb 2008)

The barge in Slawit.... a good place to stop off for a cuppa. (This was actually at the end of the walk chronologically, but geographically represents where I started, if you know what I mean?)

Dancing on ice. I love ducks, especially when they're tootling about on a frozen canal. This was taken outside the Empire Brewery in Slawit.

Mossy stone in the woods. Between the river Colne and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, just outside Slawit, lies a fairly rampant wooded scrubland (a good place to dump bodies it seems) that has a few paths and stuff leading through it. I love mossy stones like this one!!

Icy blast. I love it when frost collects on grass and blackberry bushes like this one. You almost get a sense of the direction and temperature of the wind that came last night. A visible reminder of the cloudless twinkling starry night before.

Locks. A FoX on some locks. How much did I enjoy my time doing canal restoration? Immensely, and I never tire of those watery silver veins that brought industry flowing through our local towns and villages.

Marsden. An excellent opportunity to stop off for a couple of pints of Premium Mild at the Riverhead before the walk back to Slawit.
You may or may not have noticed that, contrary to my closing statement yesterday, I haven't actually updated "random shopping" at all!! I am an idiot.... the pictures I had to update were all taken with some stupid settings on my phone camera, and the net result is..... rubbish!!
Happy blog anniversary.
ReplyDeleteOnce again I'm left suffering walk-envy.
Bah!
Thats a lot of blogging my boy! Loved the photos
ReplyDeleteA calmer Pixie x
World Of Warcraft gold for cheap
ReplyDeletewow power leveling,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow power leveling,
wow power leveling,
world of warcraft power leveling,
world of warcraft power leveling
wow power leveling,
cheap wow gold,
cheap wow gold,
buy wow gold,
wow gold,
Cheap WoW Gold,
wow gold,
Cheap WoW Gold,
world of warcraft gold,
wow gold,
world of warcraft gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold,
wow gold
buy cheap World Of Warcraft gold v3v6g7av