The moors above Huddersfield are one of the most invigorating places I know. This morning, bathed in sunlight and frost, they drew me like a moth to a flame.
I can only intimate to you, what it is actually like out there. It's the most desolate windswept piece of land for miles around. Underneath the moorland is water. It's like a huge floating raft of reeds and peat.
In the wrong weather, these moors are not the place you want to be. It's cold and wet, and very inhospitable. Today is a different story.
The frost has crusted over the tufted ground. It's quite possible to walk in areas you would normally not want to go. I walked until, eventually, I sank.
Freezing purple hands, clutching metal tripod. I managed to snap a few pics, which I am pleased with. The colours are fantastic, but don't really do justice to the moorland, and its orange glow.
Sky and water are fantastic mirrors, and the ice formations were unreal.
Enjoy this selection from Cupwith (pronounced cup-earth to us locals) reservoir and surrounding area.










Hey, I'm impressed. The Foto-Fox is making his mark here. I'd do the same myself only it's too damned cold to leave the house.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. It reminds me of the alpine desert outside of Reno Nevada.
ReplyDeleteCher