Thursday, September 13, 2012

What

What a difference a day (or two) makes.

In true British style, I'm about to start some gentle weather discourse.

At the weekend it were boiling..... and now..... it's feeling like deep, dark autumn.

A ten degree temperature drop and some rather chilly winds have meant that my shorts and sunglasses are making way for socks and woolly hat.

It's decidedly cooler, and though there are promises that it'll pick up again by the weekend.... I'm not convinced.

I DID have fun at the weekend discussing the fact that it was "too hot" and bemoaning the scorching weather - in a very tongue-in-cheek manner with the overheated punters at the pub.  I knew that all too soon we'd be able to have a further conversation about the lack of summer and the bad weather we always have.... that's the advantage of working with drunk people.

So, I've tried to be a good boy.  I've tried to get back to my blog on several occasions, each time to be thwarted by such events as computers that refuse to work or a stomach that needs to be filled.

Just now, as an example, I received an email that wasn't really intended for me.... I had to forward it to someone else, and in order to do that I had to log in to a different mail account, find some mail with that person's email address , copy and paste between one email client and another, forward the mail..... it all takes time and provides endless opportunity for being sidetracked..... I rest my case, and I rest my feet on my case while I get my book out.

Point in question - one minute I'm typing my blog.... the next minute I'm reading and commenting on another blog..... then I hear the front door opening and I'm making a cup of tea for my mum..... time passes.... and passes......

And so, it comes to be that at some point I was hoping to post a few more pictures from THIS last trip to the borders area of Northumberland..... and of course, I end up posting pictures of fish and a previous trip to Northumberland....  it's more complicated than it needs to be.

In honour of a recent competitor on "Celebrity" Big Brother, I've made my very own internet based "wishlist" and you're all free to pick off as many items as you wish to send to me in exchange for, well, how about some gratuitously bad holiday snaps?

Here's my wishlist, and remember it's my birthday on the 24th September!!


13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday for next week, in case I'm not around.

    Computers are made to distract us from the things we want to do... even when the things we want to do are on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advance birthday wishes.... which item do you want me to cross off my wishlist on your behalf Rol?
      You're right.... computers make our lives so much easier..... sometimes..... but certainly not all the time.

      Delete
  2. Were you staying in a pillar box when you were on holiday?

    Nice choice with the Lumix GX-1 though. If you get bought more than one, can I have the spare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't staying IN one but there are SO many dotted around the sand dunes..... I think that's the last of the "pillbox" set now though, so hopefully something more interesting next..... I just liked the dark/light framing, not to mention it'd make an ace framed print on a wall.
      I already have a Panasonic and although I love it, I've occasionally been frustrated with it (it's a bridge as opposed to a dslr) - not sure anyone wants a pair of my mucky undies enough to buy me that though!!

      Delete
    2. I think you misread my comment - I said pillar box, not pill box!

      I use a Panasonic dslr myself and it's pretty good.

      Delete
    3. you're right I did misread it.... and now you've spelled out the joke, I'm laughing..... sorry for ruining your joke by being thick and making you explain it!!

      Delete
  3. You want an Anti Tangle Waggler Attachment? I can give you one of those. It's called a king size bulldog clip and is normally used for holding sheaves of paper together but will be just as effective in preventing you from Wangling with your Taggler in order to give you more time to produce the eagerly awaited photo-story of your trip to Eyemouth with the long-suffering Mother Superior - Lady Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use them religiously - they're fabulous devices that don't so much avoid tangles as provide quick, easy and pain free waggler changes.

      Delete
  4. What are banana gumballs and cinnamon ranchers for heaven's sake? They seem to be the only things on your wish list that fall into my price range and I have never heard of either. I think we inhabit different planets (or maybe that should just read 'different parts of Yorkshire)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. banana chewing gum is actually quite a rare item, and one I quite like but mostly it seems to come from Germany or Japan.... as for cinnamon ranchers, they're just cinnammon flavoured hard boiled sweets (American) - delicious and very punchy.... love cinnamon I do!

      Delete
  5. your blog amuses me
    its just a stream of thoughts connected by full stops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it just falls out of my head through my fingers and spills across the keyboard - I've always written in the style of how I think.... I can't help it.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday AF!

    I'll buy you the banana thingeys but where do I send them? Email me.
    Just don't swallow them because everyone know chewing gum wraps itself around your heart and strangles you. I know that because I was told it when I was 2.

    As for rear drag reels, quick shock beads, crystal wranglers and double-cut split shot... it's another world there.

    ReplyDelete