Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Success

I caught a good fish!

Down at Riley's Pond on Friday last week, I caught a rather splendid seven and a half pound common carp, which is only about a half a pound short of the pond record.... and I have to say, it was an exciting time for me and the chap in this picture who held the fish for me......  he was as thrilled with this perfect specimen as I was!!

As a rule, during match days, any fish that weighs OVER five pounds is removed from this pond and placed into the bigger pond, so a fish of this size and in such good condition, seemingly never caught before, is VERY rare!


Suffice to say, as soon as this fish had gone back into the water, I packed up my gear and went home..... there wasn't going to be a better way to finish the day.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! Someone else to add to the growing short list for Sports Personality of the Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps I might be better at sports lack-of-personality?

      Delete
  2. Well done Arctic! Maybe this success will stop you carping about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you absolutely certain that the Russians aren't missing a submarine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've caught bigger in the past, but never at this pond before.... it was a real surprise

      Delete
  4. Fantastico!!
    Glad to hear it went back into the water but glad you kept a photograph, otherwise no-one would believe you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all my fish go back in the water - I like to get a picture, and unlike a lot of anglers, I always have some little weighing scales with me so avoiding the need to guesstimate!!

      Delete
  5. they'd have to be pretty small scales for the quantity of drugs that comes through Fox Towers these days!!

    ReplyDelete