Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Treading

Wake up.... do some jobs.... go to the pub..... come home..... be tired.... repeat as necessary.

Trying to enjoy my week of solitude but not really finding much time to relax and do nothing....

This morning I've brought some washing in and folded a few pieces before unceremoniously dumping it on one of the kids' beds.  I've cleaned out the cat litter tray and fed and watered the cats (outside today) while I cleaned the cat feeding area in the kitchen.  I've repacked all my fishing gear that's been strewn around the kitchen in various states of wetness due to downpours on the last two successive fishing trips to Tatty Watter.  I've re-tensioned the sagging washing line and washed it down.  I've cleaned my scruffy coffee jar that had a crust of melting coffee granules all around the top of the lid.  I've bleached all the cleaning cloths, brushes and scourers.  I've made a cup of coffee and somehow managed to lose it.

It's now time to start on the lounge (which after last night's activities - i.e. me being late home and slightly drunk looks like I had a party in there) and then I can start thinking about some lunch and a late shift at the pub (tea time until closing time - on a Tuesday, which is renowned for being, well let's just say quiet).

So, this week of "home alone" despite me eating prawn crackers from the bin and finding some crumbs of what appeared to be biscuit(?) that had gathered in a fold in my jeans......  I'm living on vegetable curry that I managed to make and when I don't have the inclination or time.... it's cheese and crackers all the way.

I've just noticed that my bedroom looks a mess now too..... groans..... right... no time to say "hello, goodbye" I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.......

Time to hit the lounge!


11 comments:

  1. I trust you were wearing your floral pinafore to perform your various household duties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I would be wearing my blood stained butcher's apron for such menial tasks!!

      Delete
  2. You know, I've always wondered how biscuit crumbs get into the nooks and crannies of my jeans. I suspect it's something to do with quarks or God particles or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember eating biscuits on that day, so I am presuming they were my jeans but not my biscuits.... not sure what this means for the Higgs Boson particle theory, other than it being a bit heavy man!

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised that you have a cat-feeding area in the kitchen. What do you feed them to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have like an Escher style cat feeding area where the cats are in a perpetual state of self consumption..... they don't know their elbows from their..... well, you get the idea!

      Delete
  4. You are not the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland you know A F. Get down to it - there is no worse fate for a woman than to come back off holiday and find the place in turmoil. (well, there probably is a worse fate but I can't think of it at the moment.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too busy disco dancing in my underpants to care about cleaning now!!

      Delete
  5. What a prince! I've never come home from vacation to a house that wasn't a total mess. You appear to be a great roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAKE UP FOXY! It's now over two weeks since you last posted. Don't go into freeze mode for another year! (Apologies if you have in fact been run over by a bus or hospitalised by an uppercut from Lady Dawn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all over it like a rash!! Thanks for noticing, but I've been away in Northumberland!

      Delete