Thursday, July 12, 2012

where?

Where on earth does the time go?

Seems like one minute I'm doing the Sunday Searches, and the next minute I've got headache and it's Thursday lunch time.

Perhaps it's the cause of the headache that's responsible for these missing days?  A few beers at the pub last evening in order to lend some support to a trial run of an "unplugged" jam session - the pub was quite busy for a Wednesday evening and although the musicians were not out in force, they did manage to put on quite a good show.... and of course the beer was nice!

But that only accounts for one single evening, and I can't blame THAT for the rest of the week.

The Tour De France is taking up a fair bit of my time - I am only watching the highlight shows this year...... I'd be more than happy to fall into the trap of watching endless hours of the live show but it DOES take up so much time.  It's a fascinating sporting spectacle, and one which I look forward to every year.  For those unfamiliar with it, it's a very tactical and complicated game.... it's not just riding round France on bikes... oh no..... much more complicated than that, and I'm not even going to start explaining it here.

But that's only an hour a day or a middle of the night viewing experience when the heat/humidity/sound of rain are keeping me awake.

Big Brother is merrily marching towards its conclusion in a few weeks time - I'm always up for an episode of Big Brother - car crash TV which simultaneously manages to be at its best and worse.  This year has not been a "classic" by any stretch of the imagination, and I wonder whether the best days are a long time behind it, but I still watch the spectacle.  This year has been most notable for its unashamed game playing and general lack of "love"!  Everyone hates each other, and I in turn, hate them all!

That's another hour out of my day accounted for..... and sometimes I watch Big Brother's Bit on the Side - the companion forum show..... but not religiously.

Pogo - Online gaming accounts for a few hours of my week.

Lego Batman 2 on the Wii - that's eaten a fair old chunk out of my days this week..... if it didn't crash quite so much it would probably have had more!!

Facebook - countless hours - but usually while I am doing something else as well.

Work - did a couple hours Sunday and a few hours on Monday.

Music - I've been collecting a load of "pub friendly" tunes that I can stick on an iPod and play on a random cycle.... there's nothing worse than being stuck in a musical loop at work - ask any shop worker during the christmas period!!  Once collected - from various sources..... I have "cleaned" them up - discarded any that were faulty (for whatever reason) and "equalised" their volumes (whereby they go through some software that matches the volumes together so that you don't suddenly blow up your speakers with a really loud song).

The music thing, in fairness, has taken bloody ages!!

Blogs - reading blogs.... it takes a      l     o     n    g    time to read all the blogs.  Some bloggers manage to post multiple items per day, while others might manage one shot a week..... they all take time.... and that is sometimes followed by a little research..... and the process of formulating a charming and witty response.  HOURS!!

Now, I'll be glad to go to work tonight, just for a rest!!


8 comments:

  1. The theory goes that time goes quicker as we get older because it takes up proportionally less of the time we've lived. Or some such nonsense.

    More to the point, who is the bloke who's lost his spear and speedos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's St. John the Baptist by Rodin!

      Delete
  2. I must admit I do sometimes look forward to getting back to work, for a rest too! Put it down to all the kids' activities, campaign type activities, general internet surfing, family commitments etc etc.... don't know what I'll do when I win the lottery!
    I haven't seriously watched the Tour since Indurain's time, but then I used to love dozing on and off all afternoon watching it, as you say - fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could buy me a new laptop if you win the lottery - mine decided to become an ex-laptop during last night

      Delete
  3. Bloody Hell ! I Feel Tired Just Thinking About Doing All Those Things. Your Far Too Busy Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that if I get a good book I can lose myself in it and the next time I look at the clock hours have passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's easily done - in fact, anything I pick up I get lost in for hours!!

      Delete