Monday, July 16, 2012

When Sunday

When Sundays go bad.

I looked, yesterday, for a series of searches of which I could select my usual eclectic mix, and expand upon them, in order to assist lost surfers in finding their perfect internet shaped wave.

Alas and alack.... in actual fact, a severe lack of searches have been completed in the last week, and for the first time in living history (or at least the last couple of weeks) there was not enough material for a Super Sunday Search blog entry.

Shame on you search engines of the interweb.  You know who you are!

So my weekend highlights have included:

A garlic pizza, which when opened (in the comfort of my own home/pyjamas) was revealed to be a combination of garlic and pineapple.

Line cleaning at the pub on Sunday morning - completed all on my own.... no help, no assistance..... no troubles.... everything tip top, ship shape and Bristol fashion.

Somebody ordered 11 pints of Leeds Pale Ale..... and the barrel ran empty after six!  Placated them with a further five pints of Batemans XB.

A bag full of new polo shirts (suitable for lounging and getting covered in beer) bought for me by the lovely Dawn.

My mum questioning the answers I supplied to her for her crossword..... on the basis that she couldn't understand how or why I would know that another name for a werewolf is a lycanthrope or that  "hydra" begins with an "H" and not with a" T"!

An order for twelve jagerbombs!
An order for twenty two raspberry sambucas!

A suitable (and cheap) lunch at Dirty Dicks in Halifax on Sunday afternoon with a couple of pints of rather nice ale.

A Chinese takeaway on Friday night that went a bit wrong by virtue of them not having what I ordered and then getting a free replacement dish instead.  Then similarly on Saturday lunch time, Dawn's ordered dish was not available and she was given a slightly inflated refund over her alternative choice.

I've just realised that I've eaten out all weekend.... and when I haven't eaten out, I've eaten takeaway.  Bad diet indeed!  A week of salads will surely be the penance.

Slurp, now for some Tour De France.


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. was that on one of your allocated outpatient days?

      Delete
  2. But it wasn't this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous question.

      Delete
  3. Can't make my mind up whether your photo is chicken wire or honeycomb or some other obscure thing. Yes - your diet is unhealthy - I hereby sentence you to unlimited salad until further notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a little section of a wasp nest that we removed from inside the roof of the extension that backs up to the bowling green - (as seen on bowling cam) - yes, healthy eating week..... no complaints here.

      Delete
    2. incidentally wasp nests are made from chewed up wood and are actualloy a form of paper. Clever little stinging critters they are!

      Delete
  4. "Line cleaning at the pub on Sunday morning" - Surely, you mean line DANCING. Your reputation as an accomplished line dancer goes before you.

    Also - how come you've never blogged about your expertise as a polo player? All those polo shirts - you must sweat like a G4S chairman when playing a few chukkas at Harrogate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly tripped the light fantastic on a few dusty tavern floors in my time....

      As for polo..... I'd try it but apparently you have to be minted!?!?

      Delete
  5. line dancing...... I would prefer to eat my own eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a slight exaggeration perhaps? Go on, give it a go, I've got Heath Ledger's cowboy hat and a pair of cowboy boots that never got worn on account of a fancy dress party we never went to!!

      Delete